Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Remember When QVC.....

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Koos, Of Course, wasn't that a brand here?  I know it was a man selling, he reminded me of Stan Herman.

If we're talking about other items besides fashion, I can't remember the brand name, but the woman threw silvery fairie dust and it was for jewelry (?).

She's back.

Honored Contributor

The Koos guy: it wasn't off camera when he yelled at a host-it was on camera.

Esteemed Contributor

Victor Costa.  I still have 2 of his matte jersey dresses, navy and a black.

I got them in 2004. They look like new.

Respected Contributor

Many of my favorites have been mentioned.  I loved Victor Costa, David Dart and Joan Vass. A number of Project Runway designers had some nice collections too

Trusted Contributor

I never bought many clothing items from QVC, but, I am a jewelry fanatic and over the years have purchased a lot of it. I miss the Diamonique in epiphany from several years ago. It was so much nicer than what they are selling in Diamonique today. Quality has gone done. I rarely buy anything from the Q these days.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

Small world!  I worked at AIG for 17 years ... retired 2010!  

---------------------------------------

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@ALRATIBA   That's neat about the NYC skyscrapers as I know you live in Manhattan.

I had a shirt years ago (where is it?) that had the NYC skyline --of old-- that included the Empire State Bldg and the AIG Bldg (I worked at AIG for almost 2 decades) so that was special to me.  It also had the Twin Towers on my sleeve. 

I wish I knew where that shirt was now!

Trusted Contributor

Several from Project Runway sold on QVC:

Dmitry Sholokhov

Seth Aaron

Sonjia Williams

Chloe Dao

Jay McCarroll

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

I remember you could get really unique fashions on QVC.  Now its things you can buy anywhere and often at a much lower price and free shipping! They used to get a lot of my money on fashions, now I can count on one hand with fingers left over the amount of clothing I have bought since they started with the same ole, same ole!

@arrabella 

Yes, QVC used to have a nice variety in styles and designs, today ALL their clothing lines look alike...Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Does anyone remember the Quacker suede jackets?  There were about 3 themes from which to choose.  One was wild African animals, one I can't remember and mine is a Western theme with running wild horses, which I still have.  It's the only time Jeanne ever did anything like that.  I often wondered what possessed her? 

@Kachina624 

@Venezia 

Gave my horse owning friend the suede jacket with horses for a Christmas gift years ago. I think it was around $60 which I thought was a great price considering it was suede and the workmanship of the designs. She loves it. She still wears it! I wish I had bought the African animal one for myself. 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Stitches in Time - I had tons of those sweaters.

The ones I loved the most though were from a lovely woman from FLorence Italy, Gabriella T. She was a lovely as her sweaters. I still have one, a short sleeve tunic, very colorful. 

@PINKdogWOOD 

I had sweaters from both Stitches in Time & Gabriella T. Beautiful pieces. I gave mine away when they no longer fit.