Esteemed Contributor

I've always enjoyed it because I like the challenge of trying to figure out how tricks are done.  I saw a David Copperfield show in person years ago and although I don't remember anything about it, I remember that I liked it.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I am amused by magic acts.  Good magicians are so adept at fooling the eye.  I gave up magical thinking years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a lot of Penn and Teller DVR.  They have different magicians on that try and fool them.  If they do, they get on their Las Vegas show

Respected Contributor

Sure, as long as I know going in.  i would not like anyone pulling a stunt on me unawares.  It's just another form of entertainment. I Do NOT enjoy the death defying kind of magic.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think I've seen a magic show in years, but I always sort of liked them. I wasn't captivated by them, but it made me curious how they were doing it.

Trusted Contributor

I like to watch sleight of hand type of tricks. Amercia's Got Talent has had many and some were really talented. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Like Magic❓

[ Edited ]

I love magic and was fortunate enough to be able to go the Magic Castle in California where I lived for 40 years.  You have to be a member and although I wasn't, I had close friends who were and I was their guest on many occasions.  

One time when there, a magician was doing a card trick and he chose me from the audience to be his accomplice during the act.  When it was over he gave me the pieces of the cards in an envelope with his name on it as a souvenir.  After so many years I still have it, just wish I could remember what the card trick was. Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I like leger de main (sleight of hand.)  I don't care for the hokey "big" magic, like making a train disappear.