Respected Contributor

Re: Disappearing Without a Trace

I have mixed emotions about it....I am very interested in hearing the story but I do like when they have been resolved.  On the other hand....it doesn't upset me in a negative way when they aren't....I just feel REALLY sad for the families.  

The crime murder ones are really upsetting also....read a long article in magazine...waiting for my haircolor to process. basically it was a unsolved murder for 28yrs.  The young woman murdered back then was married and of course they 1st looked at husband and then blamed it on a burglary that went bad as she was home.  

Fast forward MANY very unreal cover ups by police in LA and so on...turns out it was a detective on the force who was a cop back then (female) who did it!  She had set up crime scene to look a certain way and others covered it up.  It was an amazing story...how the new cops (old ones finally retired) figured it out with the help of a brilliant woman doing the lab forensics for this case that kept telling everyone "it was NOT a man but Woman who's did it" they LA police covered that up.

I came home and googled it to read it in deeper detail and felt so good they caught this AWFUL murderer and justice for the victim.....finally!

Trusted Contributor

sometimes people just want to disappear and that's all it amounts to.

With all the trouble I had with my mother, I seriously considered doing something like that when I was in my 20's and she was in full "keeping me under her thumb" mode. I don't know why she was so motivated to try to control me; she never treated my sister like that, although mom and sis had their own problems.

Honored Contributor

@JBKO wrote:
I believe it’s very important to watch and read about these stories so there will be a resolution EVENTUALLY. Someone has to know something that will solve the case. It’s happened before.

I agre ...if the right person sees the story they might have seen something they didn’t realize was significant to a missing persons case.I always watch all of those shows and hope that someone has the key to what happened so the families get closure.

Contributor

I would like to see the show "Unsolved Mysteries" return and have updates to old stories about missing people.

Honored Contributor

Wow, JBKO, my apologies for starting a thread so similar to yours-- I wonder if I had scanned over your title before without registering it, and then that started my train of thinking when the Jimmy Hoffa disappearance anniversary came up...

I do find the topic endlessly interesting, in both real life and fiction.  There's a good Brian de Palma film called "Obsession", in which prosperous New Orleanian Cliff Robertson's wife (Genevieve Bujold) and daughter are kidnapped, not to be seen again.  He tortures himself with wondering if they will ever re-surface...

Honored Contributor

OZNELL:  Excellent movie. 

By the way, I haven't seen/heard anything about actress G. B. in ages.  Beautiful and talented actress.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised, seeing teens/tweens/mostly women walking around, texting and not paying much attention to anything or anyone around them.

Dare I think and say that it's almost bound to eventually happen.  I'm always hinting to people to be more aware.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I haven't either, @ROMARY.  Love Genevieve Bujold!

Honored Contributor

I've never been able to remember how to spell G.B.'s name...........very unique, and quite French.

Honored Contributor

I watch Justice Network TV on Sundays.  Lots of interesting show program titles.  Check your listings.