Honored Contributor

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now

[ Edited ]

@MorningLover wrote:

The Postal Service was in trouble before COVID-19.

Now it’s fighting for its life. They need to rethink how they do business.

The US Post Office, which is losing many billions of dollars a year, while charging Amazon and others so little to deliver their packages, making Amazon richer and the Post Office poorer... Amazon uses the Postal System as their Delivery Boy.

@MorningLover 

The point is a little bit of money, for something non-perishable, you can use yourself, or give away, get something for you, more importantly help someone ELSE, you know, The UNITED STATES postal Service. 🇺🇸 

(We know about Amazon, privatization, lack of Federal support/funding,  etc.)

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I don't know if there is a published timetable @I am still oxox 

Does this information help?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/04/09/stimulus-check-dates/#735e17f0588c

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/04/07/stimulus-checks-coronavirus/#508c674227f6

@Bird mama 

Good to SEE you!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Porcelain,

Thank you for your inspired, sensible advice!

I'll do that.

I'm so glad! Woman Very Happy I might give out the books of Forever Stamps as little side gifts this year. We'll see what DH thinks about it. Flag ones to be patriotic.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

The US Post Office, which is losing many billions of dollars a year, while charging Amazon and others so little to deliver their packages, making Amazon richer and the Post Office poorer... Amazon uses the Postal System as their Delivery Boy.

The Postal Services is in trouble because of the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act.  It's an idiotic law.  The law requires the Postal Service, which receives no taxpayer subsidies, to prefund its retirees' health benefits up to the year 2056.  No private company does this.  Without this obligation, the Post Office actually turns a profit.  This is a crisis that was manufactured by Congress.  

Trusted Contributor

Not sure if this has already been posted:

• Checks will be distributed in reverse order based on adjusted gross income. This means that those with lower adjusted gross income will be issued a check first.

Valued Contributor

Ours are going to our 2 adult kids..1 has 3 kids & the other is self-employed in a non-essential job, so I know it will be well spent, glad we can do this for them.

Valued Contributor

there is no tax on stimulus payments, they are meant to stimulate the economy, from our tax guy who we just saw.

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

Not sure if this has already been posted:

• Checks will be distributed in reverse order based on adjusted gross income. This means that those with lower adjusted gross income will be issued a check first.

My funds are sitting in my checking account pending.  They will pay on April 15.  We are not in the lower adjustment gross income bracket.  

Honored Contributor

@liliblu wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

The Postal Services is in trouble because of the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act.  It's an idiotic law.  The law requires the Postal Service, which receives no taxpayer subsidies, to prefund its retirees' health benefits up to the year 2056.  No private company does this.  Without this obligation, the Post Office actually turns a profit.  This is a crisis that was manufactured by Congress.  

@liliblu wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

@morning lover   In 2016 the price of stamps went DOWN by 2 cents!.  How stupid was that?  They should have kept the 2 cents.

I would never buy a bunch of postage stamps.  I only use a few a year..mostly for sending cards to family or friends.  I don't pay bills by mail.

I don't see a future for our PO.  It will eventually go out of business, unless they can be competitive in delivering packages.

Super Contributor

@jackthebear @This money is not taxable.