Honored Contributor

Did you ever have your picture taken with Santa?

I didn't, but he was always there at the kid's Christmas party for the church.

Honored Contributor

Re: Did you ever have your picture taken with Santa?

No. Sadly, my older sibling rascals let the cat out of the bag...no...Santa is not real.

Respected Contributor

No I don't remember that being offered when I was a child. Of course our local mall wasn't built until I was in 6th grade and too old for Santa. Oldest DD had her first picture with Santa when she was 20 months old then I had her and her sister's picture taken every Christmas in matching outfits from the time oldest DD was 4 and youngest DD was 2 months old. They did that until oldest DD was 9.

Respected Contributor

Yes! Before there were shopping malls in our area, stores were co-located in various sections of the towns. Our shopping area was 69th Street, where Santa had his own house at the top of the street. You'd sit on Santa's lap to tell him what you wanted for Christmas, then his elf would take your picture.

Honored Contributor

When I was a child, my siblings and I got our picture taken with Santa every year.

We also watched him on tv every night before dinner. There was a 30 minute show where children would sit on his lap and say what they wanted for Christmas. It was sponsored by a local hardware store that sold bicycles and toys....the commercials were aimed at kids, for sure.

When my daughter was young, I took her to breakfast with Santa at a local Dept store. The Santa there was the real Santa from tv. I recognized his voice right away. I was excited and told him so. I thanked him for being in children's life for many years.

Honored Contributor

Not that I can remember.

Respected Contributor

Yes, we did. And in turn, my children always got their picture taken with Old St. Nick annually. 🎅📷

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I don't know what happened to the picture, but I remember I did when I was little. I was crying and looked terrified.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Yes! In the 1950s there were no malls, but major department stores had Santa there for the kids. In New Orleans at that time the big stores were all on Canal St. You could see the elaborate animated displays in the store windows and go inside to sit on Santa's lap. Now I'm wondering where I have those pictures stored.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21wrote:

I don't know what happened to the picture, but I remember I did when I was little. I was crying and looked terrified.

Yes!

The first time my parents took me to see Santa, I wouldn't even go near enough to get a picture. Like you, I was crying and terrified. Same thing happened with clowns too.

The next year, I was eager to see Santa and that's the only time I had my picture taken with him.