Trusted Contributor

Re: Did you ever have your picture taken with Santa?

The Macy's that I worked at granted a Make A Wish for a child that wanted to meet Santa. Our store was lucky enough to have "the" Santa from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade visit our store. We cleared an entire section of the store to make room for all of the incredible props and furniture they use on the Float. Santa arrived by a special bus with the child and their family. Santa read The Night Before Christmas to all of the children and it was one of the most magical events I've ever attended. And yes, I did get my picture with "the" Santa.😊

Esteemed Contributor

oh no @vermint and at 18 I would've been so embarrassed.

I did it because the Santa looked exactly how I pictured Santa to be.

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely! I was pretty shy as a younger child but that didn't stop me from seeing Santa to tell him what I wanted for Christmas. How else was he going to know what to bring me? I think my parents stopped the tradition when I was about 6 yrs old. I wish I could post one of the pics but they are in storage. Thanks to the other posters who posted theirs. I can relate to the super short bangs. I guess they were in vogue back in the 50s.

Super Contributor

Yes I did, first time in Philadelphia, I never asked which department store. I was four and looked very scared! My Mom took my sister and me a few more years and I still have the pics. This was all from 1954 to 1957.

We always took my daughter, only bad year was four years old. I am going tomorrow with daughter and two granddaughters! Can't wait, youngest one is three, and has not liked it the last two.🤷🏻‍♀️🎅🏻

Respected Contributor

Twice actually. One year my Sister and I had ours taken together one on each knee for our Dad. He loved it and we were in our forties. Then last year my Daughter and SIL took me to Savanna for my sixty fifth birthday and I sat on Santa's lap on the river walk. I told him diamonds would be a nice present!! It was so much fun and especially standing in line with all the little kids to sit on his lap!! They were getting quite the chuckle out of me sitting on his lap.

Honored Contributor

Yes! Mama and Daddy took my brother and me to get our picture made with Santa when we were little. Obviously, I wasn't a fan!

4E213BB6-AF36-4A37-ADE3-FDF44CA9803F.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

No. Don't remember any place offering pictures, and I know my mom didn't own one.

Did get a picture of me on a little pony when someone brought one into the Public Housing Projects where we lived. Pictures were free to kids under 10 for residents that lived there.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Yes, but just once as I recall. Santa was fine for me at a distance.