Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Surely somebody in Ohio has a pimple we could call Mt. McKinley.

Charming, as usual.

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Ohio is flat, no mountains, which you would know if you had paid attention in geography class.

Denali is an unattractive name and will be mispronounced by many who live outside Alaska. The mountain belongs to all of us, not just those living in Alaska, we should all have gotten to vote on the change.

I'm speechless!

I'm speechless but laughing Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Ohio is flat, no mountains, which you would know if you had paid attention in geography class.

Denali is an unattractive name and will be mispronounced by many who live outside Alaska. The mountain belongs to all of us, not just those living in Alaska, we should all have gotten to vote on the change.

But the Mountain was originally called Denali - before the Euro Americans invaded.  Even if there was a vote - doesn't mean that Denali would not win out.  Then would you be satisfied?   

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor
When Cleveland becomes the name of a SUV let me know !
Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'm speechless!

Agreed! If only she was.......but no such luck.

Respected Contributor

There will be oil drilling...might this not be a softening up?

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'm speechless!

I'm speechless but laughing Smiley Happy

Me, too.  It's a super easy name to pronounce.  

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

skylark wrote:

hennypenny wrote:

What a lovely thing!

I know locals always referred to the mt. as Denali, but I like that the "official" name has returned. 

I must admit when I read the headline about the change I was afraid it might end up being mt. Kardashian or worse.

we have a closed covered over landfill near here, we call it Mt. Trashmore, maybe Mt. Kartrashion would be better.

Mt. Kar-TRASH-ion....what a perfect name for a stinking landfill!! I love it!!!

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

There are rolling hills, and some mountains in Ohio....it could be called Mt. MiniMcKinley

Woman LOL

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I think Denali rolls off the tongue like music, I love to say it, and I love to hear it.  My personal opinion is, if the Native Alaskans named it that, and people still call it that,, Denali it should be.