Honored Contributor

Re: Deliveries from Amazon

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma  I can't 'dis' them enough. They consistently miss their delivery dates and then they claim no one was home or that there was bad weather or other completely untrue excuses. I even had several of their agents tell me that it was clear from the manifests that NO attempts at delivery had been made for ANY of the orders I've called over time to inquire about that they claimed they had tried to deliver. It seems clear they put those reasons down when they either choose not to deliver an item that day or couldn't get around to it, perhaps to hoodwink the entity paying them to timely deliver boxes. Recently, I've had several boxes delivered by them that were virtually destroyed and were then taped together and inside one of those boxes was a smaller box that was a complete mess, as were the contents of that smaller box.  I was also told by two different agents that the drivers essentially decide early in the morning what boxes on their list they're going to get to on any given day, but, of course, customers aren't alerted until late in the day that their delivery has been rescheduled for whatever bogus reason. They must be less costly than other providers or otherwise, I don't see why any retailer would use them. I know I'm not going to change corporate minds about using their alleged service, but I've now advised several retailers that I'll have to minimize ordering because they choose to ship via Fedex. As far as I'm concerned, they're unprofessional, untrustworthy and irresponsible.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

We have been living happily with amazon delivery and have had no problems. We live in a rural area and are not going to grocery stores due to pandemic. Thank goodness for amazon. 

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

We have been living happily with amazon delivery and have had no problems. We live in a rural area and are not going to grocery stores due to pandemic. Thank goodness for amazon. 

@libbyannE 

I agree Amazon TP, Paper Towels, Kleenex, Cleaning Supplies, etc. right on time for several years, no delays related to Pandemic.

Ditto Chewie, excellent service, timely delivery.

I live out in the woods, perhaps that’s the solution!

Very glad for both.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Today I received a notice from Amazon that a couple puzzle books i had ordered a week and a half ago would have an undetermined delivery date.  They offered cancellation if this was not workable.

Valued Contributor

@deepwaterdotter 

I too received a similar notice about books I ordered on Tuesday - but then yesterday morning I ordered one and it was delivered to me today!

So I'm guessing my book form yesterday was coming from a nearby facility and the others from a farther away one.  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt  Petsmart employees tend to be helpful, but it's sporadic and though I haven't been in the store in months, I wasn't feeling the love the last few times I was in there. I've also noted some stocking problems, though it's a hundred times better than it used to be. Petco is no longer much competition here. They more or less went to selling all 'health' sorts of pet foods and no longer have the more run of the mill brands, while Petsmart and Chewy offer a far wider variety. We too have a third store that is very good, wide variety and always well stocked, but it's not really close and I only tend to go to it when I'm in the neighborhood running a variety of errands, which I haven't been doing at all since the world, as we knew it, decided to stand still. Regardless, I've been getting all my food and supplement needs met by either Chewy or Amazon and appreciate having things delivered to me. I've also gotten some foods and treats delivered as part of my grocery store deliveries and deliveries from Target. 

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Just my opnion but, If they don't like lifting heavy boxes then they should GET ANOTHER JOB!!!!

Ain't it the truth @MalteseMomma !!  Hello, that's what delivery people do !!

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@libbyannE 

I agree Amazon TP, Paper Towels, Kleenex, Cleaning Supplies, etc. right on time for several years, no delays related to Pandemic.

Ditto Chewie, excellent service, timely delivery.

I live out in the woods, perhaps that’s the solution!

Very glad for both.

@Drythe I'm seriously jealous.

Honored Contributor

Re: Deliveries from Amazon

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Just my opnion but, If they don't like lifting heavy boxes then they should GET ANOTHER JOB!!!!

Ain't it the truth @MalteseMomma !!  Hello, that's what delivery people do !!

@stevieb

@MalteseMomma 

Sadly, that's how SOME of the young workers are these days.....they want to do a little as possible and still get paid the MAX. (I know I work with a lot of them!)....

There are exceptions, before contactless delivery, I used to talk to the Instacart Shoppers/Delivery people and ask them questions (just for a moment)....One young woman said when she first started shopping/delivering she wasn't very strong, but delivering Costco items to people living on 4th floor apartments and going up all those stairs, she's gotten strong and developed muscles!  She's one of those that fulfills the job duties.... (My deliveries may be heavy but they aren't that bad, I only have a few steps going up my sidewalk and then a few more to get to more front door....)

But its up to the company to emphasize what these delivery jobs entail....and if they don't want to do that or they dont need the money that badly then DONT TAKE THE JOB!!!  I also think part of the problem is some people dont tip them, or the companies are stingy on what they pay them too.....Its a shared responsibility!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt  Petsmart employees tend to be helpful, but it's sporadic and though I haven't been in the store in months, I wasn't feeling the love the last few times I was in there. I've also noted some stocking problems, though it's a hundred times better than it used to be. Petco is no longer much competition here. They more or less went to selling all 'health' sorts of pet foods and no longer have the more run of the mill brands, while Petsmart and Chewy offer a far wider variety. We too have a third store that is very good, wide variety and always well stocked, but it's not really close and I only tend to go to it when I'm in the neighborhood running a variety of errands, which I haven't been doing at all since the world, as we knew it, decided to stand still. Regardless, I've been getting all my food and supplement needs met by either Chewy or Amazon and appreciate having things delivered to me. I've also gotten some foods and treats delivered as part of my grocery store deliveries and deliveries from Target. 

@stevieb 

I also appreciate things delivered to me... 

Yep, Petco is unique in that respect regarding healthy food,  but a lot of people are feeding their pets more of these brands that the Vets recommend these days instead of "grocery store or regular national brands", and Petco does have UNhealthy treats 😸, litter, and pet accessories, as well as grooming for dogs......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”