Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@itsmagic my husband has a friend who owns a FedEx route..  He doesn't normally deliver unless they are slammed or short staffed, but he's the boss of that route.  His delivery drivers hate Chewy, always big heavy boxes and all these houses with lots of stairs to get to the front porch.  

And this is one Chewy customer that hates them... 

They're unreliable, rarely on time, make up falsehoods about delivery attempts and often deliver packages in woeful condition... My absolute last choice provider... 

@stevieb 

You confirmed my deepest fears, my friends have been urging me to sign up with Chewy for my cats' supplies...but I had my doubts....  Think I'll stick with Instacart for delivering the cat food and litter, and the rest---preventative flea treatment products, treats, toys, and other items I'll just go to Petsmart in person!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@itsmagic my husband has a friend who owns a FedEx route..  He doesn't normally deliver unless they are slammed or short staffed, but he's the boss of that route.  His delivery drivers hate Chewy, always big heavy boxes and all these houses with lots of stairs to get to the front porch.  

yes, my chewy orders are always very heavy... canned dog food and big bags of dog food... 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

They're unreliable, rarely on time, make up falsehoods about delivery attempts and often deliver packages in woeful condition... My absolute last choice provider... 

@stevieb 

You confirmed my deepest fears, my friends have been urging me to sign up with Chewy for my cats' supplies...but I had my doubts....  Think I'll stick with Instacart for delivering the cat food and litter, and the rest---preventative flea treatment products, treats, toys, and other items I'll just go to Petsmart in person!

@Spurt Even though I hate doing it, I still prefer to go to Petco to refill my litter jugs and get canned food.  I have to go to the Vet for their prescription dry food.  I know it can be done online or at Petsmart with a prescription, but last I looked on Chewy it was the same price.  The vet is within a mile from me and I just call them beforehand and give them my card and then they come out and put it in the car for me.  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Icegoddess 

With all thats going on with the pandemic and impact on deliveries just be happy your items were delivered!!  I wouldnt care it if came by Pony Express.....😄

@Spurt no delivery problems here.  I just thought it was kinda backwards.  I would expect the small item that would fit inside my mailbox to come iin the mail and the big heavy box to come by delivery person.

Honored Contributor

Re: Deliveries from Amazon

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@stevieb 

@Spurt Even though I hate doing it, I still prefer to go to Petco to refill my litter jugs and get canned food.  I have to go to the Vet for their prescription dry food.  I know it can be done online or at Petsmart with a prescription, but last I looked on Chewy it was the same price.  The vet is within a mile from me and I just call them beforehand and give them my card and then they come out and put it in the car for me.  

@Icegoddess 

My sister's cat is on prescription food, and she used to do the same thing as you and go to the Vet's office to pick up the food , just around the corner....While we both love this vet, his office staff isnt so swift and they are constantly out of the food, so she has to end up going to Petsmart anyway.....(she even told the Vet's Office to call her when they got their stock in and she would order a couple of cases, but they "always forgot")....SMH!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Icegoddess 

With all thats going on with the pandemic and impact on deliveries just be happy your items were delivered!!  I wouldnt care it if came by Pony Express.....😄

@Spurt no delivery problems here.  I just thought it was kinda backwards.  I would expect the small item that would fit inside my mailbox to come iin the mail and the big heavy box to come by delivery person.

@Icegoddess 

Sadly, nothing that seems logical happens anymore....Ive had the same weird delivery stuff take place...UPS delivers a book, (even though I opted for the cheapest  delivery rate) and USPS brings the heavy package to my door.....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt  Chewy is great. I love them. It's Fedex I despise. More times than not my Chewy orders are fine. Just don't order litter because, as someone said, the Fedex boys don't like lifting those nasty heavy boxes. As long as I order food, supplements, treats, etc. I'm fine... I've also had problems with Fedex when ordering litter from Target... Again, it seems to be a weight thing... I also was told by Chewy that they do use other delivery services, but it seems to be a geographical thing... I'd also note that when I've called Chewy with problems, they've been immediately responsive and their customer service is very good... Last time Fedex was holding up an order, Chewy got them unglued and instead of delivering three days later, I got it the next day... I'd also note that Chewy's packaging is usually very good, though there is the very occasional instance of packing things together than really would be best packed separately... Chewy also has good variety and availability... I've found that ordering food by the case (anywhere from 12 -24 cans) saves money and ensures I don't have to order often... Were I you, I'd give them a try...

Different strokes applies. You know my opinion of Instacart and it isn't pretty... Petsmart is fine when their shelves are stocked and when the clerks aren't going down the first aisle they see in order to avoid actually helping a customer... I had been getting litter from one or the other of the two supermarkets from which I get deliveries, but one took the larger bags off their roster and the other messed up my last order so badly I'm giving them a rest... I went in person and grabbed a few large bags...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Your hubby's friend must be my Fed Ex Delivery guy!!  I have reported him many times  for just throwing my Chewy deliveries anywhere! Sometimes not even by my door. In the street (yes,actual street!) In the middle of the sidewalk in front of my house (my house is actually far from that sidewalk)  In my driveway,on top of my 10  front stairs ,where the box  ALWAYS splits open,items (bird seed)   fall out,split open and scatter everywhere and cans are  ALWAYS  dented ,ect,ect.

I have quit Cheweys over this guy and they always reach out to me to make things better. I have realised I need  NOT to have my delivery on a Sat mornings ,so I avoid this delivery guy!!!

This same guy even left my order of Jimmy the Baker Crumb Buns in his truck for  6 days in record high heat!!!!    Smiley Sad

@stevieb 

We must have the same delivery guy!!!!! I have the same complaints!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt  Chewy is great. I love them. It's Fedex I despise. More times than not my Chewy orders are fine. Just don't order litter because, as someone said, the Fedex boys don't like lifting those nasty heavy boxes. As long as I order food, supplements, treats, etc. I'm fine... I've also had problems with Fedex when ordering litter from Target... Again, it seems to be a weight thing... I also was told by Chewy that they do use other delivery services, but it seems to be a geographical thing... I'd also note that when I've called Chewy with problems, they've been immediately responsive and their customer service is very good... Last time Fedex was holding up an order, Chewy got them unglued and instead of delivering three days later, I got it the next day... I'd also note that Chewy's packaging is usually very good, though there is the very occasional instance of packing things together than really would be best packed separately... Chewy also has good variety and availability... I've found that ordering food by the case (anywhere from 12 -24 cans) saves money and ensures I don't have to order often... Were I you, I'd give them a try...

Different strokes applies. You know my opinion of Instacart and it isn't pretty... Petsmart is fine when their shelves are stocked and when the clerks aren't going down the first aisle they see in order to avoid actually helping a customer... I had been getting litter from one or the other of the two supermarkets from which I get deliveries, but one took the larger bags off their roster and the other messed up my last order so badly I'm giving them a rest... I went in person and grabbed a few large bags...

@stevieb 

Sorry you've had bad experiences with cat litter delivery....its a tough job and nobody wants to do it....

Yep, bad service and lying about deliveries and all that---certainly sounds like FEDEX!!!  (been through that myself)...... The Petsmart closest to me has very helpful and responsive employees....they see me in an aisle and they approach me asking if I need any help.... Of course it helps when you have competition breathing down your neck---Petco is right across the street, and another Pet Store is also near and a stone's throw away.......

Esteemed Contributor

Just my opnion but, If they don't like lifting heavy boxes then they should GET ANOTHER JOB!!!!