Honored Contributor

A few days ago I ordered a couple of items from Amazon.  One was a face masque (as oppsed to a face covering) and the other the now old version of the Foodi Grill.  Both were expected to be deliviered today.  The Face masque was delivered yesterday by the guy in the big brown truck.  But, my Foodi Grill was delivered today by the mail person.  I really would've expected something that large and heavy to be delivered either by UPS, FedX, or the Amazon delivery truck I see driving around town now instead of the mail.  I feel kinda bad for the nice lady who brought it across my yard in the rain to my front door.  I say nice lady because she's very friendly and we're always waving or speaking to each other.  

Respected Contributor

Your post reminds me of yesterday when I was driving out of our subdivision and there was the mailman in one of those little mail trucks getting a box out of the back that was at least 4 foot long.  I was surprised it would even fit in there. 

Valued Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

A few days ago I ordered a couple of items from Amazon.  One was a face masque (as oppsed to a face covering) and the other the now old version of the Foodi Grill.  Both were expected to be deliviered today.  The Face masque was delivered yesterday by the guy in the big brown truck.  But, my Foodi Grill was delivered today by the mail person.  I really would've expected something that large and heavy to be delivered either by UPS, FedX, or the Amazon delivery truck I see driving around town now instead of the mail.  I feel kinda bad for the nice lady who brought it across my yard in the rain to my front door.  I say nice lady because she's very friendly and we're always waving or speaking to each other.  

Well at least the PO was able to make a few dollars by delivering this item for you. 

I read the other day that Amazon had terminated a bunch of delivery contracts and were re-thinking how things would be delivered.

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic my husband has a friend who owns a FedEx route..  He doesn't normally deliver unless they are slammed or short staffed, but he's the boss of that route.  His delivery drivers hate Chewy, always big heavy boxes and all these houses with lots of stairs to get to the front porch.  

Honored Contributor

So happy the USPS was able to meet your needs, right on time!

@Icegoddess wrote:

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

So happy the USPS was able to meet your needs, right on time!

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Drythe haven't had a bit of trouble with them.  

Honored Contributor

I am thankful we are smaller town, and we have a USPS carrier than delivers our mail for years, knows us and we know him.

We have had four regular carriers in 25 years who know us, are concerned with our mail, and have gone out of their way many times to be sure our mail is taken care of.  

They have been a real blessing!

Honored Contributor

Re: Deliveries from Amazon

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@itsmagic my husband has a friend who owns a FedEx route..  He doesn't normally deliver unless they are slammed or short staffed, but he's the boss of that route.  His delivery drivers hate Chewy, always big heavy boxes and all these houses with lots of stairs to get to the front porch.  

And this is one Chewy customer that hates them, meaning Fedex... 

They're unreliable, rarely on time, make up falsehoods about delivery attempts and often deliver packages in woeful condition... My absolute last choice provider... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@debfau wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Well at least the PO was able to make a few dollars by delivering this item for you. 

I read the other day that Amazon had terminated a bunch of delivery contracts and were re-thinking how things would be delivered.

@debfau 

Gee isn't Bezos making enough money already 🙄 Whatever he does I'm sure he will pass on the costs to the Prime members....And some of his ideas like hiring independent contractors for Amazon deliveries hasn't worked out, they've taken photos to confirm the item was delivered and then came back and STOLE that same package and the customer's security systems have caught them.....I'd stick with UPS, Fed Ex or USPS if I was him....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess 

With all thats going on with the pandemic and impact on deliveries just be happy your items were delivered!!  I wouldnt care it if came by Pony Express.....😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”