Esteemed Contributor

I've had an FB account for years.  I seldom go there except when I get an email that one of my "friends" has posted something I might be interested in.  (How they determie that I dont know, but whatever.)

If I'm interested enough, I'll go have a look and look around at some of what has happened since I was there last and then log out.

I don't have the app on my phone.  And I never use FB (or google) to log in at other sites.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

My son never posts his last name  ,  or anything personal at all ,so good luck with that

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have no information at all ,that would be of use to anyone ,on my account

@cherry 

I also have never filled out the personal part of it either, but of course they still have my name.  It seemed so innocent years ago when I first joined.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I can't imagine deleting Facebook.  Most of my family lives many miles away from me.  Facebook is a wonderful, easy way to see how all the children are doing, wedding photos, etc.  I mostly just view and occasionally comment.  I never initiate anything.

Honored Contributor

Re: Delete Facebook

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree  by now, I am sure that you probably have nothing to worry about. If your last name has been out there for years ,with no trouble..I never post anything on mine, that is personal

I have lots of religous stuff, so if people want to read it ,be my guest, if not, shrug, I  don't care

Honored Contributor

And lately the constant posting of “friends of friends of friends” which I delete every day is offensive and, IMO, dangerous.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have no information at all ,that would be of use to anyone ,on my account

Same here. I have nothing on my profile and limit access. I have had no problems with Facebook. 

Honored Contributor

Would not know how to undo ....it and I rather enjoy the “newsfeed” . Rather addicted actually to the newsfeed😄

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Would not know how to undo ....it and I rather enjoy the “newsfeed” . Rather addicted actually to the newsfeed😄

@SunValley 

I read and post on newsfeed too.  Mostly political because we can’t do that here.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

Those quizzes are magnets for spam up to your eyeballs.  If it were junk mail in your snail mailbox you'd have the recycling bin filled in two days.

I also won't share any of those "I bet I won't get one like or share" things.  I won't give them a like or a thumbs up.

I'll go days without making a comment or post of my own.