Honored Contributor

I woke up this morning to -25 degrees and two hours later it is -22.  This is Chicago and it's surrounding areas.  Over the weekend we will be around 40.  Crazy weather.  How about you?  Stay warm.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm in SE Michigan.  We get everything you do only a day later.  Thanks for the warning!  My car thermometer said -7 this morning but I think the wind chill was well into double digits. 

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I woke up this morning to -25 degrees and two hours later it is -22.  This is Chicago and it's surrounding areas.  Over the weekend we will be around 40.  Crazy weather.  How about you?  Stay warm.  Cat Happy

I’d hibernate. Brrrrr.....

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Still minus 8 here, the really bad stuff will hit tonight

Respected Contributor

Please stay safe all of you. NYC is cold enough. I always worry re homeless.

Honored Contributor

We have warming stations here @IMW so people can escape the cold

Respected Contributor

Re: Deep FREEZE

[ Edited ]

Southwestern Michigan has beautiful blue skies, bright sunshine and a temp of -10 with a wind chill of -35. My neighbors got all cranky with me this morning because I opened the garage door (it's a shared garage) for 5 minutes to start my car and clear some snow away from the door so that it didn't get in to the garage itself.  I asked if they preferred that I leave the door closed while running the engine, so that the exhaust fumes could seep into their condos and got the "huh???" blank stare. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Our idiot Governor said that closing the schools in this extreme cold is going to make our kids "soft".

Honored Contributor

I always ignore people like that @QueenDanceALot. They really sound sadistic

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1  I'm right there with you! 

Penzey's in Naperville & Home Run Inn Pizza in Bolingbrook  are closed to to extreme temps.