Respected Contributor

I just noticed this post today and at first glance I thought it said "Dead Birds".  I thought what happened to the birds.  I didn't want to read any story about something happening to our beautiful birds.  I guess I shouldn't have had that glass of wine with dinner.  LOL!

Honored Contributor

I thought it was 'Dead Broads'.

Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC -

I agree about reporting up to a point. If you had seen what the poster posted last night I would hope you would have reported it.

After some 15 years?. here I've probably only reported 4 or 5.

So reporting for disagreements is not something I would do but reporting blatant abuse of another poster beyond any acceptable view, is something I probably would do.

I was thinking that we have so many differing views here but I often think that if I knew some posters in person who I usually disagree with here, I probably would get to like them.

It seems some of our strongest views come out on here.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor
I've never reported another poster. Even during the height of the pandemic when posters were accused of being "accessories to murder " and the "you or a family member should get sick and die a slow painful death. Then you'll learn." And yes, they existed. I was the target of a particularly heinous one, but didn't report it. Let it linger so others can see who wrote it.
Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

There other boards but many look on this board as their neighborhood. They're familiar with the other posters and feel comfortable here. Politics and religion aside, there are happenings, events that posters wish to discuss with their sudo-neighbors. 

@occasionalrain  I totally agree.  I have been posting with some here for many years and the boards are a familiar, comfortable place to be.

There are many forums wherein you can ask for a certain type of advice, guidance or many other questions that you may have.  There have been so many times over they years that I was helped by very kind people here on a number of topics.

It is also a place where many feel comfortable asking for good thoughts and prayers when they are going through a difficult time in their lives.  I am sure many were happy to have the Q boards to help them through a difficult 2020.

Even with all the issues and complaints about moderation, it seems to me that it is a worthwhile place to visit.

I agree and think it's a good place to ask others for input on different things.  Of course, when a person does post a question on a medical issue or whatever, you will get the typical rude responses of   "Why are you asking that here?   Go ask your doctor!"  

I'm thinkinbg,, why respond at all if that's how you're going to be?  Kinda like when someone posts a topic and another poster responds with   "Who cares?"   Rude.

Honored Contributor

Seems one has to be so careful on what we post,  and then there are those that tell you to google information,when one ask a question, you get those that tend to jump on you,also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:
I've never reported another poster. Even during the height of the pandemic when posters were accused of being "accessories to murder " and the "you or a family member should get sick and die a slow painful death. Then you'll learn." And yes, they existed. I was the target of a particularly heinous one, but didn't report it. Let it linger so others can see who wrote it.

@Johnnyeager    100% correct. 

While even the experts in the field flipped back and forth regarding the pandemic, if anyone here even dared to question anything they were accused of also being "science deniers".

Many of us were horrified at the self-appointed "experts" here. 

This is why posters lose credibility.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I think it's up to each one of us to decide what we can handle and what we can't. That's just part of being an adult.

I don't report fellow posters. It's up to me to handle whatever is being "dished out".  As far as the trouble makers go..... sometimes it better to "leave them alone and they will go home". If we feel compelled to speak to them that's fine.  These types of people are predictable so we shouldn't be surprised at anything they say.  I think it's called LIFE! 

Honored Contributor

Personally, I think that one way posters lose some credibility is when they use these self-examination type threads (meta) to continue their gripes about what they don't like about some posters and some threads/posts.

And yes, I do see the irony in my saying the above. But there is no other way to express this. It's the reason that these type threads may be temporarily cathartic but ultimately useless.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

There is no "report a poster" function ala old East Berlin or anything. You can only report an inappropriate post.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr