Trusted Contributor

The problem I would say is the range of permitted topics. Most topics on these boards don't t interest me at all. There are more important things going on in the world than these frivolous topics here.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Trusted Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

After the Texas freeze, I lost all my plants. Today I was redoing my corners but I put everything in pots so if it ever happens again, I can move them into the house.

I had helpers, Tomorrow I will add mulch. 

5F0FF741-E126-4C62-8F4B-FBC634E76390.jpeg

Let's hope that doesn't ever happen again!! I lost all my beautiful azaleas and a number of other shrubs in my flower beds. We moved into the house we are in 2 years ago and at that time I replaced several shrubs with something I liked better. What a waste. Having to do it all over again! 😄😄

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

The problem I would say is the range of permitted topics. Most topics on these boards don't t interest me at all. There are more important things going on in the world than these frivolous topics here.

@Sapphiregal  I feel this is a shopping channel message board and they will have topics apropo to that. Not to world events and serious news topics. There are many boards for that and this is not one. My opinion.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain -

that's a good way to think of it-

"lost the debate."

and @KKJ -

I don't feel that way about any new poster. You may not have seen this late night post of this poster -1st post they had at @Kachina624 . It was pretty viscious, then another.It just made me mad and I wasn't going to just let it go. There was no point responding because I'm sure that is what they wanted.So I did report it and it was removed. At least the worst one.

But I agree that just because someone posts for the first time, they

shouldn't have to have people be rude.I never heard the word troll till I saw it on these forums so many times. We all were first time posters.

There are so many good and kind and funny and creative people on these forums, that I would miss it but sometimes too I guess it is good to take a break or not get too invested (which can be easy to do especially if we post most everyday). 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Re: Dead Boards

[ Edited ]

@SapphiregalI have a lot on my mind besides the approved content and while many would agree with my point of view on a myriad of important topics just as many would vilify me.  That's hard to take sometimes even on a board where we don't know anyone offline. But believe me my cup runneth over with worry, angst and anger.......on subjects we are not allowed to speak of.  I know I could seek out other places but who the heck would I be speaking with then and would they hack me to do what?  I don't use FB, twitter or instagram and have no interest in signing up. So I come here because it seems safe..boring but safe.

Honored Contributor

There are posters here who are worth tolerating the harpies. I look on it as paying tax. 

There are posters with whom I'm often on the opposing side of a topic, while other times we are in agreement. I believe that applies to most of us and worth keeping in mind.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dead Boards

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@Sapphiregal  I feel this is a shopping channel message board and they will have topics apropo to that. Not to world events and serious news topics. There are many boards for that and this is not one. My opinion.

@proudlyfromNJ  Your opinion makes perfect sense and I can respect it even while I don't agree with it... The whole 'there are other places to discuss...' has grown so stale for me and here's why... Allegedly, these 'new' kinder, gentler boards were at least in part the result of a survey but let's face it, not everybody got the survey so input into what these boards should look like feels selective... Moreover, that survey was conducted, what, ten or so years ago? It's outdated... Is it still reflective of the board users? The next line of argument is usually, 'their boards, their rules' and yes, once again, too true... But those using the boards probably should have some say in how they roll out, particularly since some of them are partly responsible for QVC's sales... I realize change is unlikely but for every reason to maintain the status quo, there are also reasons to change it... At the end of the day, of course, it is what it is...

Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

There other boards but many look on this board as their neighborhood. They're familiar with the other posters and feel comfortable here. Politics and religion aside, there are happenings, events that posters wish to discuss with their sudo-neighbors. 

Respected Contributor

I come here to get a quick feeling for what's going on out there.  I also learn this and that along the way.

I generally don't take offense because listening to others' views takes an open mind.  That means I never have to "report" comments either.  I think "reporters" have difficulty dealing with conflict.

If I sense that reporting and moderation is heavy, I just stay away for a few days.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

There other boards but many look on this board as their neighborhood. They're familiar with the other posters and feel comfortable here. Politics and religion aside, there are happenings, events that posters wish to discuss with their sudo-neighbors. 

@occasionalrain  I totally agree.  I have been posting with some here for many years and the boards are a familiar, comfortable place to be.

There are many forums wherein you can ask for a certain type of advice, guidance or many other questions that you may have.  There have been so many times over they years that I was helped by very kind people here on a number of topics.

It is also a place where many feel comfortable asking for good thoughts and prayers when they are going through a difficult time in their lives.  I am sure many were happy to have the Q boards to help them through a difficult 2020.

Even with all the issues and complaints about moderation, it seems to me that it is a worthwhile place to visit.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF