Esteemed Contributor

I prefer standard time but whichever is fine.  Just stop making us reset our clocks.  I have an old windup chimer that is just daring me to touch his hands.  Some years I just leave him be and confuse everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

I hate it, and have already set the clocks forward so that the change may be less noticeable.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

Just pick a time and stick with it.

Stop the insanity!

Honored Contributor

I despise the change. My dogs get confused and everything seems off for weeks until I get use to it. 

Honored Contributor

It is the worse night of the year.   Having the sun beat down on you longer in the hot states is painful.  Bring on the night as quickly as possible when you are suffering through triple digit temps.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

I don't know anyone who likes DST. I live in Texas and thought I had heard they were ending it. Guess not.

It passed in the Texas Senate to end and sent to the house.  They have taken no action on it as of yet.   I am still hoping here in East Texas we will prevail.  

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Huh ....  I thought the United States was ending daylight savings. No idea where I read that, but I was sure I did.

It made sense a hundred years ago or so when there was more of an agricultural industry here.  DS benefitted the farmers.   

@Tinkrbl44 That's a common myth. The truth of the matter is the agriculture industry lobbied against daylight saving time in 1919DST was actually an energy saving measure instituded during WWI. 

What it actually does is disrupt a farmer’s carefully orchestrated schedule. For instance, if dairy cows are used to being milked at 5:00 a.m., moving the clock back an hour in the fall actually moves their milking time back an hour, and livestock cannot understand waiting another hour to be milked. Then, just as the cows get used to it, the milking schedule gets changed again in the spring. The milk truck is likely still coming at the same time per the clock, meaning dairy farmers can’t just change their milking times to keep it consistent for the animals.

Similarly, daylight saving time also affects the amount of time put in by farmworkers. If hired hands have to wait an extra hour for daylight to start working in the morning, but they still leave at the same time at night, less work is getting done. All in all, farmers would rather just use the sun and the seasons to determine milking times, planting charts, and the best time to harvest.

It is still favored by retail because it gives shoppers more daylight at the end of the workday.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

I love the extra hour of sleep I get in the Autumn.

But I dont enjoy, giving that hour back, in the Spring  Woman Frustrated

But I guess, it's all in "balance."

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I hate it, and have already set the clocks forward so that the change may be less noticeable.

I do that on the Saturday and wish I could try it earlier in the week.  It does help to adjust by starting right after I sleep late on Saturday morning.

Trusted Contributor

I too dislike DST.  That being said I don't think it's that difficutl to adjust to it.   No different than flying a few states away for a vacation.     More than an hour may be hard to adjust to but in my opion one isn't bad.    The funny part is there are 24 hours in a day which isn't going to change no matter which way the clock is turned. You don't get a longer day.  More sun at one end but the 24 hrs. stays the same.