Respected Contributor

What do you think of Daylight Saving?  We turn clocks ahead one hour this weekend.  I will miss it being light out at 6:30 a.m.  Just read in morning paper how this is not so good for one's health...been doing it for years but who knows?  Wonder if it will ever change and stay on Standard Time like Arizona and Hawaii.

Honored Contributor

I wish !

1#clock.gif

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl    Many states, including mine, are trying to change to DST all year, plus there's a bill in Congress to do the same thing nationally.

I think it's a fine idea and am all for it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Huh ....  I thought the United States was ending daylight savings. No idea where I read that, but I was sure I did.

It made sense a hundred years ago or so when there was more of an agricultural industry here.  DS benefitted the farmers.   

Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't affect me because I live in Arizona. I do like DST though because my shows are on an hour earlier. 

Honored Contributor

Good grief...somebody has to turn the HEAT OFF an hour early in Arizona, so most of the State is on Standard Time...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I hate DST. There have been countless reports regarding all the negatives, but if we do have a fixed time, it will probably be 'DST,' because it's business supported. It keeps people out later dining, golfing, and sporting, as well as shopping. That extra hour of light in the evening keeps people moving. Meanwhile, kids are standing in the dark waiting for a bus. 

Honored Contributor

I prefer permanent standard time.  But I'm in the minority.

Permanent daylight time was tried and quickly repealed, but it appears people think it will be different this time.  I suppose it will depend on where you live.

I don't mind changing the clocks twice a year, but I wish it would go back to what it was years ago with more standard months.  Daylight time starts too early and ends too late right now for me.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Huh ....  I thought the United States was ending daylight savings. No idea where I read that, but I was sure I did.

It made sense a hundred years ago or so when there was more of an agricultural industry here.  DS benefitted the farmers.   

@Tinkrbl44 

It passed in the Senate only.  It never passed in the House.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, it's this weekend already?   Guess I haven't been paying attention.  It is always talked about but I wonder if they will ever truly stop with it.   I'm not one who minds the darkness early in winter, makes it more cozy by the fire but it is nice to have more daylight and sunshine in our lives.  Who knows?   I would be for it though as being thrown off that one little hour does make a big difference!