Occasional Contributor

David Venable Cooking Experience

I received an email on 11-2-21 from QVC telling me to join the cooking class on 10-1-21 at 7PM EST. The email said the receipe was for cast iron fried chicken and the recipe/grocery list was included.

When I tried to join the class today, I kept getting Error 404.  Did anyone else have any problems? I called customer service and did a live chat and neither CSR knew or could find anything about the class.  

When QVC had the Living for Giving event, this cooking class was offered if you purchase one of the products, which I did.  Feeling like a little bait and switch.  Just would like an explanation. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: David Venable Cooking Experience

@Retire2022 wrote:

I received an email on 11-2-21 from QVC telling me to join the cooking class on 10-1-21 at 7PM EST. The email said the receipe was for cast iron fried chicken and the recipe/grocery list was included.

When I tried to join the class today, I kept getting Error 404.  Did anyone else have any problems? I called customer service and did a live chat and neither CSR knew or could find anything about the class.  

When QVC had the Living for Giving event, this cooking class was offered if you purchase one of the products, which I did.  Feeling like a little bait and switch.  Just would like an explanation. Thanks.

you received the email on 11-2-21?!

Occasional Contributor

Sorry, typo. I meant 9-29-21. 

Honored Contributor

@Retire2022  You need to read the definition of "bait and switch".  This ain't it or nothing like it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Retire2022 wrote:

@Retire2022 

The best place to get an answer to a technical problem is the QVC Social Team by email--- QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com

Include your nickname on Forums, the name on your account, and your phone number. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Retire2022 

Cast iron (the old school cast iron fry pan.  Not the new fancy ones) fried chicken if you want some good ole southern fried chicken.

While preparing, heat up cast iron - medium high heat.

Depending on how deep your cast iron pan is pour enough grease into pan to 1/2 cover the chicken parts.

Clean the chicken parts you are frying

Pat dry w/paper towel.  Chicken part(s) must be damp

Salt & pepper all over

Add paparika to chicken

Pour flour in a brown paper bag

Add paparika in bag too

Vigorously shake bag (if no brown paper bag available, use a zip lock plastic bag).

TIP:  If using brown paper bag, go outside to shake the bag.  Otherwise, you will get flour dust all over your kitchen. Smiley LOL

Shake off the excess flour

Drop chicken into the fry pan

NOTE:  A lot of grease splatter.  It's best to fry uncovered.  However if you do not want a greasy mess on your stove, use a cover or a splatter rack.

Once the grease stops splattering a little, turn chicken part(s) over.

Check chicken until you have an even redish brown coating all over.

Remove chicken to paper towel lined plate.

======================================

Deep fried

My parents would use the oldest 5qt sauce pan.  Pour enough grease to fill a little over a half.

Drop chicken parts & cover the pan.  Once the grease crackling dies down &/or the chicken parts are floating on top, remove chicken to paper towel lined plate.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif