Esteemed Contributor

20210928_182656.jpg

20210928_182626.jpg

20210928_175413.jpg

20210928_180250.jpg

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

The interaction between the buck and SIL make  wonderful photos!!!!!  It shows the kindness of the SIL and the trust of the deer which is so uplifting to see.  It is a sense of calm seeing the deer being fed and in turn the deer feeling so safe. As an animal advocate I do appreciate and love these posts MamaWick sends. My daily dose of these nature photos always make me feel good and that is very welcome!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Oh my. It looks like your SIL has found a new friend! Do they open their mouths for a carrot or is the buck just opening it's mouth as I've seen them do. Is that last pic the same buck? Thanks @MamaWick.

Honored Contributor

I would never leave if I was Barb!

Like living in a wonderful fairy tale!

I'd also have to hug them!🥰

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Love your pics - always!  and really need them today!  Thanks.

I used to plan tulips - they'd soon be gone as deer love to eat them - even the roots.  But they built 200 houses nearby so pulled out acres of trees so no more deer around here.  I miss those tulip-eaters.....

Esteemed Contributor

i think your SIL might move in permanently!!!

Honored Contributor

The little mouth is open before the deer reaches your SIL.  So cute.  All you can say is the deer love their treats.  Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Mamawick:  You don't know how happy your photos make me and my DH.  You are amazing - we used to have a farm in the country but the deer never came close to us, even though we put food out.  You have an incredible bond with these gorgeous animals.  Keep the photos coming, they make our day!

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick Enjoy the pictures you so kindly share.   Have you heard of the "BLUE TONGUE SYNDROME" deer are now experiencing or is it prevalent in your area?  It is caused from gnats and killing deer here in Mississippi.

Respected Contributor

@Boomernichols 

Oh, so sorry to hear about another threat to deer. In Pennsylvania, it is Chronic Wasting Disease.  Also, our birds are disappearing.  It makes me want to cry. I think that's why I love Mama and Papa Wick and all their efforts to nourish wildlife, especially the deer.