Honored Contributor

Re: Dave's Mom Has Died At 95

@silver fox wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@silver fox wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@MezzieStarr wrote:

Might want to add "Letterman" to your title.

@MezzieStarr

Nope, I don't.  I think their fans know who Dave's Mom is.

I have been a fan of Dave Letterman and his Mom for a long long time, but sorry I thought were this is the QVC blog you meant Dave V's Mom. 

I have never heard anyone call David  "Dave".  

I do - so now you have!

@Silver Fox1

Yes, I guess that proves that.  I'm sorry you were so terribly inconvenienced.

Respected Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

I loved her--so down to earth! 

May she RIP.

___________________________________________________-

Me too @Burnsite & @Noel7.

I didn't get to watch Letterman too much due to having to get up early for work, but I did watch when on vacation at times.  I really enjoyed the segments of "Dave's Mom".

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@susan kay wrote:

I thought it was David V from QVC

that would be logical since it is a Q board -  and also would be horrible news.

Kind of a strange response, @ms traditional -- almost as if this death is not horrible news.

As for this being the Q board, that is correct. And this is Community Chat, where I'm sure that you've noticed that most topics do not involve the Q.

@suzyQ3 Q viewers have heard David's mother on the phone and heard him talk about her quite a bit over the years, so any news about her would probably be keenly felt.  which is not to take away from Letterman's sorrow at losing his mother.  she wasn't a Q fixture. kind of logical.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@susan kay wrote:

I thought it was David V from QVC

that would be logical since it is a Q board -  and also would be horrible news.

Kind of a strange response, @ms traditional -- almost as if this death is not horrible news.

As for this being the Q board, that is correct. And this is Community Chat, where I'm sure that you've noticed that most topics do not involve the Q.

@suzyQ3 Q viewers have heard David's mother on the phone and heard him talk about her quite a bit over the years, so any news about her would probably be keenly felt.  which is not to take away from Letterman's sorrow at losing his mother.  she wasn't a Q fixture. kind of logical.

@ms traditional

Actually, it's not logical, neither is it logical to assume because it is in this milieu it would directly relate to QVC.  IT might be if the overwhelming preponderance of posts were directly tied to QVC, but they are not.  And David V . Is not commonly known as Dave.

Apparently there are several people here were not familiar with Dave's Mom, but so what?  Ii am not familiar with either of the men who died and are written about today, but I am not going to cause a fuss about it or complain or say they are somehow connected to QVC.  Much ado about nothing.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed her whenever Dave had her on the show. She was always such a down to earth woman and she will be greatly missed I am sure by all that knew and loved her.

Thanks, @Noel7, for starting this thread......

Respected Contributor

@Noel7  not interested in an argument. sorry.  some people thought you meant David V's mom. now it's a cause celebre.  sign of the times. it's a holy time on many calendars, and i prefer to live in positivity.  be well!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I enjoyed her whenever Dave had her on the show. She was always such a down to earth woman and she will be greatly missed I am sure by all that knew and loved her.

Thanks, @Noel7, for starting this thread......

I'm glad you'd been able to see her also, @Trinity11 😊

Respected Contributor

I thought, since when is David V. called Dave?

Very misleading title.