Super Contributor
On 3/16/2014 wookie said: My vent is about the weather. We are getting snow. The good news is instead of 6 to 8 inches, we are getting a much more manageable 4 to 6. I shopped for a birthday card for a family member today. I took a pen, a stamp, and an address label with me, so I could stop by the post office to mail it on the way home from the store. I had pen in hand when I noticed the envelope required extra postage. I only had 1 measly stamp with me. So, I had to return home for another stamp, and make a trip to the post office. So much for planning ahead.

That would be annoying, but doesn't your post office have a machine that you can buy stamps out of even when they are closed? I live in NowhereVille and they do, even the ones you can purchase a single stamp from.

Super Contributor
On 3/16/2014 chessylady said: Most of the various threads are a daily vent about one thing or another. I don't see the need for a designated daily vent. Ergo bye,bye venters. Have a wonderful daySmiley Happy

Then, obviously you should continue to post on the original thread...where I clearly stated I did not like threads that get to be too long. Seems to me that after a period of time, people no longer seem to read the previous posts. That is why I am starting a new daily thread, not a weekly, not a monthly, not a yearly thread, a daily thread, because I do see a need for a daily thread. I consider it to be like a daily journal. If you don't see that then you and any other poster who feels the way you do, should go ahead and continue to post on the original venting thread, or possibly start your own thread, or just ignore all "venting" threads.

I sincerely hope you have a great eveningSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor
On 3/16/2014 judgejudith said:
On 3/16/2014 chessylady said: Most of the various threads are a daily vent about one thing or another. I don't see the need for a designated daily vent. Ergo bye,bye venters. Have a wonderful daySmiley Happy

Then, obviously you should continue to post on the original thread...where I clearly stated I did not like threads that get to be too long. Seems to me that after a period of time, people no longer seem to read the previous posts. That is why I am starting a new daily thread, not a weekly, not a monthly, not a yearly thread, a daily thread, because I do see a need for a daily thread. I consider it to be like a daily journal. If you don't see that then you and any other poster who feels the way you do, should go ahead and continue to post on the original venting thread, or possibly start your own thread, or just ignore all "venting" threads.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}Love ya...mean it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor
On 3/16/2014 lolakimono said:
On 3/16/2014 luvmyteddy said:

I have no idea what to do. I am dreading this spring and summer when I like to sleep with my windows open. I want to put a potato in his pipes. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Any ideas?

^^^^^ That made me laugh lola!!! Forgot about Beverly Hills Cop and the banana in the tailpipe. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} *insert Eddie Murphy laugh here*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HktV2yGtLv8 {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Valued Contributor

I, for one, don't see a problem with a venting thread. Heck, who knows, it may well help those of us who have "annoyances" get through the day without exploding. It's a place to come and share our petty little things that can get on our 'last nerve'.

For those that don't need to vent, surely they don't need to post on it that particular day. So, for me, you may 'see' me some days and others, not so much LOL.

Thanks for starting a 'vent' thread today.

Valued Contributor
On 3/16/2014 Jules5280 said:
On 3/16/2014 wookie said: My vent is about the weather. We are getting snow. The good news is instead of 6 to 8 inches, we are getting a much more manageable 4 to 6. I shopped for a birthday card for a family member today. I took a pen, a stamp, and an address label with me, so I could stop by the post office to mail it on the way home from the store. I had pen in hand when I noticed the envelope required extra postage. I only had 1 measly stamp with me. So, I had to return home for another stamp, and make a trip to the post office. So much for planning ahead.

That would be annoying, but doesn't your post office have a machine that you can buy stamps out of even when they are closed? I live in NowhereVille and they do, even the ones you can purchase a single stamp from.

Yes, of course they have machines, and I thought about doing that, but the smallest bill I had with me was a twenty. I wasn't sure if a machine would accept that denomination.
Super Contributor
On 3/16/2014 wookie said:
On 3/16/2014 Jules5280 said:

Yes, of course they have machines, and I thought about doing that, but the smallest bill I had with me was a twenty. I wasn't sure if a machine would accept that denomination.

It may have, but then it would be even more annoying to get all that change back! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

ETA: I'm beginning to see what y'all have to vent about. This is kind of fun.

Super Contributor
On 3/16/2014 HisElk said:

I, for one, don't see a problem with a venting thread. Heck, who knows, it may well help those of us who have "annoyances" get through the day without exploding. It's a place to come and share our petty little things that can get on our 'last nerve'.

For those that don't need to vent, surely they don't need to post on it that particular day. So, for me, you may 'see' me some days and others, not so much LOL.

Thanks for starting a 'vent' thread today.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Yay!