Respected Contributor
On 3/16/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

I'd like to vent about people who have absolutely no self-awareness and then proceed to lecture others.

vent vent vent

Thanks!

Yep, that's a good vent....

When a group gets together and ends up venting about the day's annoyances, the conversation usually ends up being hysterically funny. In my experience anyway. Out-venting the vents, cracking jokes about the vents, but always understanding that they are what they are....annoyances. But annoyances build as the day goes on, causing stress because some days it seems like it's one thing after another. Letting loose with a vent releases a bit, if not all, of the stress.

A little understanding goes a long way.

KLWT-I'm fine with the morning darkness but the late afternoon, early evening light is getting on my last nerve. For some reason this year the adjustment is taking so much longer. I usually start dinner between 5-5:30 and for the last week my brain tells me that it's too early. Eating at 6? I'm not all that hungry. My stomach clock is disgruntled.

Honored Contributor
On 3/16/2014 kdgn said:
On 3/16/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

I'd like to vent about people who have absolutely no self-awareness and then proceed to lecture others.

vent vent vent

Thanks!

Yep, that's a good vent....

When a group gets together and ends up venting about the day's annoyances, the conversation usually ends up being hysterically funny. In my experience anyway. Out-venting the vents, cracking jokes about the vents, but always understanding that they are what they are....annoyances. But annoyances build as the day goes on, causing stress because some days it seems like it's one thing after another. Letting loose with a vent releases a bit, if not all, of the stress.

A little understanding goes a long way.

KLWT-I'm fine with the morning darkness but the late afternoon, early evening light is getting on my last nerve. For some reason this year the adjustment is taking so much longer. I usually start dinner between 5-5:30 and for the last week my brain tells me that it's too early. Eating at 6? I'm not all that hungry. My stomach clock is disgruntled.

I agree that venting is a construction tool and keeps us from bottling up all kinds of stress so that it doesn't come out in destructive ways (or wreak havoc on us by keeping it bottled up until something blows!).

Re: The time change. Why oh why can't we just keep the time the same year round?

Honored Contributor

I take in a deep breath and think ""It could be worse"".. I really have nothing to vent about.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

it was 73 yesterday and snow on the ground this morning.

I have a new neighbor that has illegal pipes on his SUV. It is so loud and wakes me up every morning plus he has to warm up his car for 20 minutes. It sounds like a motorcycle in my bedroom. I have no idea what to do. I am dreading this spring and summer when I like to sleep with my windows open. I want to put a potato in his pipes. Any ideas?

He comes and goes all the time so it is not a 8-5 job and he loves his pipes.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/16/2014 luvmyteddy said:

it was 73 yesterday and snow on the ground this morning.

I have a new neighbor that has illegal pipes on his SUV. It is so loud and wakes me up every morning plus he has to warm up his car for 20 minutes. It sounds like a motorcycle in my bedroom. I have no idea what to do. I am dreading this spring and summer when I like to sleep with my windows open. I want to put a potato in his pipes. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Any ideas?

He comes and goes all the time so it is not a 8-5 job and he loves his pipes.

Do some research to see what the noise ordinance is in your area....I have a house behind me that is a rental property and keeps having people move in and out who have LOUD music outside at all hours of the day and night - all I can hear in my house is the BOOM-BOOM-BOOM of the base until it drives me crazy. I'm no prude and I like my music loud a lot of the time, but not to the point that it affects my neighbors. So I call the police desk officer and they send someone out. I was hesitant at first, because I had been told it was only after 11:00 pm but after checking it out, it applies any time it "adversely affects a rational person within certain distance limits.....". May be worth a try -- hopefully they won't know who reported them if you decide to do that..{#emotions_dlg.scared} (As far as I know, I'm still "rational"{#emotions_dlg.laugh})!

Respected Contributor

I know that the noise ordinance is 10-7 am. He leaves after 7 in the morning. The cops are not going to sit there and wait for him to come and go. He also races up the street when he leaves. The trouble is two more neighbors are moving this year and they probably won't get involved. I can't be the only one this bothers but most people won't say anything.

I had to tell him when he moved in that I couldn't get my truck out of the driveway because they parked across the street close to their driveway which is straight across from mine. He did move his vehicles further down which was nice but the noise is still deafening. I asked him then if he had souped up pipes and he grinned and said yes. He thinks it's cool. I think I am out of luck on this one unless someone else complains.

Respected Contributor
On 3/16/2014 luvmyteddy said:

I know that the noise ordinance is 10-7 am. He leaves after 7 in the morning. The cops are not going to sit there and wait for him to come and go. He also races up the street when he leaves. The trouble is two more neighbors are moving this year and they probably won't get involved. I can't be the only one this bothers but most people won't say anything.

I had to tell him when he moved in that I couldn't get my truck out of the driveway because they parked across the street close to their driveway which is straight across from mine. He did move his vehicles further down which was nice but the noise is still deafening. I asked him then if he had souped up pipes and he grinned and said yes. He thinks it's cool. I think I am out of luck on this one unless someone else complains.

I would still call the PD and ask about it.

Around here, they ticket people for bad mufflers (too noisy) and they have to get it fixed. So, I would assume any vehicle with pipes as loud or louder than a bad muffler would also fall into that category.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

I'm suffering from spring fever and feel like I'm trying to wake up from hibernation.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm disgusted with a lady who didn't work out at the recreation center today because of the crummy, cold, wet, windy weather. She/me/myself/I was going to go after my food settled (after church). Then the thought of getting out again in the damp weather swayed me. Shame on me and the horse I rode in on. Why I oughta --- work out on Monday because I didn't work out today. I try to work out every other day for 2 hours. Okay, I ate a frozen treat when I passed by the kitchen to switch a load of laundry. I need to call it a day and go to bed now, but there's too many good TV programs on tonight.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor
On 3/16/2014 hennypenny said:

Oh, come folks!

We all, or most of us anyway, have big issues to deal with. A tongue in cheek vent once in a while for the petty annoyances is a fun good thing. Learn to laugh a bit folks.

Judgie, the house will wait--- .

Croemer, that is Wine, as in Vintners

wish i had said this!!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein