Honored Contributor

love the DVR, love the voice remote.

they make entertainment choices a lot more enjoyable and easier!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@StuckinNJ wrote:

I wasn't clear in my original post.  I meant DVR QVC.  I do DVR other programs, but I DVR QVC.  Then, when there is a product in which I'm not intersted, we skip through it.  I like the presentations, especially the kitchen ones, because I often learn tips.  But, not at all interested in air fryers.  At all.  So, when they have one, which seems like every day, I skip through it.  

@StuckinNJ    I just review "items recently aired" and if I see something interesting, I watch its video.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@loriqvcI thought I could only have DVR if I had cable.

I haven't had cable for 3 years.

You have DVR, but no cable?

Honored Contributor

oh no.....i never use the DVR for QVC.

i just go back and review the video if i need to.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

@Dusty1  We have Alltice, the streaming version of Optimum Cable, and we have DVR.

Honored Contributor

No, never had a DVR.  I pay so much for cable boxes already with Comcast, I just do not want to pay for it.

I guess it is like anything....if you do not have it you do not miss it.  I miss seeing a lot of my favorite shows all the time when they come on at the same time, or on too late etc.  I suppose if I had a DVR, I would wonder how I lived without it! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@loriqvcI thought I could only have DVR if I had cable.

I haven't had cable for 3 years.

You have DVR, but no cable?

@Dusty1 - Yes, I have a DVR connected to an antenna that allows me to record over-the-air shows, and I use the Sling streaming service with DVR for the channels that one would typically pay for through a cable TV provider (it has amazing capabilities such as the option to record dozens of shows at once as long as you have space in your DVR). If you're interested in more information about either option, I'm happy to share.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@StuckinNJ wrote:

I wasn't clear in my original post.  I meant DVR QVC.  I do DVR other programs, but I DVR QVC.  Then, when there is a product in which I'm not intersted, we skip through it.  I like the presentations, especially the kitchen ones, because I often learn tips.  But, not at all interested in air fryers.  At all.  So, when they have one, which seems like every day, I skip through it.  

@StuckinNJ    I just review "items recently aired" and if I see something interesting, I watch its video.

@Kachina624 and @StuckinNJ

I also rarely use my DVR for QVC; it is much easier to just watch individual videos online if I'm truly interested in a specific product rather than sitting through a show full of things I couldn't care less about.

However, I do often use the DVR for special jewelry presentations, as I find it much easier to really see the details on my big TV instead of on a computer or device monitor—plus you cannot pause the Q videos without the screen darkening and the big play button covering the screen (my biggest pet peeve with the website despite its numerous other flaws).

Honored Contributor

@StuckinNJ wrote:

@StuckinNJ

No!  I dont DVR QVC programs because items can sell out so why bother watching a presentation on an item that may not even be available

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

No, never had a DVR.  I pay so much for cable boxes already with Comcast, I just do not want to pay for it.

I guess it is like anything....if you do not have it you do not miss it.  I miss seeing a lot of my favorite shows all the time when they come on at the same time, or on too late etc.  I suppose if I had a DVR, I would wonder how I lived without it! 

@SeaMaiden

I use the FREE ON DEMAND service my cable company offers, and it doesnt require a separate DVR device to watch shows I've missed. But to tell you the truth there is not much "dontmiss" TV these days............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”