Esteemed Contributor

Anyone try those personal alarms.  I wonder what brand to buy and why.

Honored Contributor

I do not know what the device is, but I can see me wanting one.  Sometimes I walk in the neighborhood alone after dark.  My walk path is a large circle that includes two streets.....I feel pretty safe but an alarm might be nice.

Respected Contributor

I bought the one from HSN and now saw  the same item on Q recently. I live alone. I did not want to bother with a monthly fee. $79. I now have two, one by my bed and one in the car. I did not have the cover on and my dog pressed the button  in the car he somehow laid on it. He is 67 pounds.and I heard a voice asking my location so it works. Lol.

My Aunt had a stroke in Calif. She was able to tell the responders the code to unlock her door.  It helped save her life You have to be able to communicate. She wore hers . The second one came with a wrist alarm ,same price but I doubt I would use it. I walk in public areas.

Honored Contributor

It would be useful walking to your car alone and also having by the bed. I’d also use at a hotel or crowded area. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have the SkyAngel911FD.  This device has all the features I need including being waterproof so it can be worn in the shower and automatic fall detection without monthly fees.

I wear this small, light weight device on a long chain and it is virtually undetectable under my clothes.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@bonnielu

Which ones are you talking about?  Medical?  Safety?

Safety....

I use to carry pepper spray which could also sound a loud alarm before I was licensed to carry.  Backup, cardboard cutter.

I currently have no use for a "medical" personal alarm......knock on wood.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Anyone try those personal alarms.  I wonder what brand to buy and why.

@bonnielu.  If you have to ask why, you probably don't need it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry for being vague.  I saw one that looked like tear drops that hang on a key chain and make very loud noises.  They come in all colors and  prices.  Just wondering if anyone had the simple version.  Not talking about the FALLING  AND I CANNOT GET UP ones.   

Honored Contributor

I have thought about carrying some mace with me on dog walks.... just have not broken down and ordered it on Amazon... anyone with suggestions  of which brand to buy?

Trusted Contributor

I wonder if people would actually take notice if the alarm went off and it didn't have a function to alert the authorities. 

Hearing car alarms is so common place and usually because someone did something dumb (speaking from experience hitting the incorrect button) that we all ignore them.