Contributor

Does anyone else DVR?  There are just some thing about which I do not care, and I find the ability to DVR wonderful.

Honored Contributor

I do that too for many programs.

Respected Contributor

I also DVR things.  I record so many things this fall I can't keep count.  Some of the new programming and, of course, the old.  Then, I can't live without Poldark.  It always helps if I'm not home.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No we do not DVR. When I worked, I found I had too much to watch and left no time for anything else.

I think it’s great for others but didn’t work for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually have two DVRs—one for over-the-air programming and one that's part of my streaming service (tomorrow is my fourth anniversary since cutting the cable cord; I've saved tons of money while missing only my sports programming). If I didn't have DVRs, I'd probably only watch a couple of hours of TV or movies each week due to my hectic schedule. I love the convenience of watching something exactly when I want to watch it, and I also love not having to miss out on things or watch them on a little computer or device monitor instead of my nice TV. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I got my DVR when I was working and couldn't stay up to watch programsthat I liked. I use it now to enjoy shows when I want to and not the network schedule.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Every day.

Respected Contributor

I am fast learning how to become the DVR Queen...I was going to get rid of my DVR's and discovered they were handy and that I liked the process.  I use to tape shows and would miss episodes because of timing or the tape would end/run out. The hubby loves it and can schedule his shows from his phone.  I love it because I can schedule from my tablet if I can't make it home in time to watch. It also helps when binge watchingSmiley LOLI may need an DVR intervention!

Contributor

I wasn't clear in my original post.  I meant DVR QVC.  I do DVR other programs, but I DVR QVC.  Then, when there is a product in which I'm not intersted, we skip through it.  I like the presentations, especially the kitchen ones, because I often learn tips.  But, not at all interested in air fryers.  At all.  So, when they have one, which seems like every day, I skip through it.  

Contributor

We went to streaming.  Alltice is the exact same service as Optimum.  We switched because we were told there would be a lower rate, and when there was not, I complained, and we got the lowr rate.  Apparently, someone called peole and made offers for a lower price that weren't true.