Honored Contributor

Re: DUMB QUESTION ABOUT ORANGE JUICE!

It is been in the elements 9 hours I would toss it.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Have you ever watched the show "Hoarders" ?

See the cockroaches, the 50 birds in cages in the kitchen, the 39 cats and uncleaned cat boxes all over, the excrement on the floors, the webs and bugs all over everything?!?!?!?! And yet, the owners are still alive and breathing and hoarding....

Drink the juice. I would put it in the fridge and drink it in the morning when it's cold.

I had a friend who served in Tripoli in the 60s in the service...he told of goat meat hanging in open air markets in the sun, covered in flies, where people asked for a cut to be hacked off for dinner....open air food stalls are still common in a lot of places...yet the populations live on without putting stuff in the fridge 2 minutes after it's left out!!!!!

Would I eat that meat? No.  But I think we've gone overboard in this country with germophobia.

Do you eat roquefort cheese? (Moldy). Beer?( Fermented grain)....well aged beef?

Honored Contributor

Don't all fruit juices have to be pasteurized?

I remember there was a stink about apple cider a few years ago. Orchards used to press the apples and sell the apple cider. Then not sure what happened but the orchards were told they could not do it anymore The cider had to be pasteurized.

So pasteurization would kill the bacteria.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Don't all fruit juices have to be pasteurized?

I remember there was a stink about apple cider a few years ago. Orchards used to press the apples and sell the apple cider. Then not sure what happened but the orchards were told they could not do it anymore The cider had to be pasteurized.

So pasteurization would kill the bacteria.

we have farms here that produce apple cider, which is very popular this time of the year. they are "flash pasteurized." they have also started selling fresh orange juice in our sams club, where they squeeze the oranges right in front of you. it does go bad a lot faster than an orange juice that is packaged for sale in a grocery store.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I buy orange juice for my family, but never touch the stuff, due to a severe intolerance for citrus.