Respected Contributor

@tototwo....I saw Dolly's special on PBS also and loved it.  Glad you are tuning in tonight with the rest of us. 

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman .....I agree, I love Dolly's version (she wrote this song and recorded it first) of "I Will Always Love You".    I hope you tune in tonight.  I think her specials are wonderful.

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

p.s.  And, yes, love Dolly Parton.

After watching the Bee Gee's concert last night, I'm looking forward to Dolly and Barry Gibb singing together.  Heart

@ROMARY ....I love the Bee Gee's and so miss (Maurice and Robin singing with Barry).  I didn't realize Dolly and Barry have done an album together.  I looked it up and WOW.....look at the singers on the album with them. (One is Olivia Newton John).  It says the album will be out in January.  Can't wait.  Thanks for letting us know about this and here is a link about the album.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/11/06/barry-gibb-release-new-nashville-mad...

Honored Contributor

I will check it out. Dolly seems like a genuinely good hearted person.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I will check it out. Dolly seems like a genuinely good hearted person.

@Greeneyedlady21 ....YAY.  Glad you are tuning in and I agree, she does seem like a kind soul.

Esteemed Contributor

@KKWA 

Yes, and that it was meant for Porter Waggoner.  It is such a heart wrenching song...who hasn't felt that way?  I think her voice sounds so innocent and pure in this song.  It makes me cry EVERY time!

@proudlyfromNJ 

I would agree that Whitney's version is great...but it has a different feel to me.   The power of her voice is amazing...she's really belting it out.

But, I find Dolly's version speaks to my heart more.

One of my favorite "guilty pleasure" movies is "The Bodyguard."

Honored Contributor

@kittykatkay 

Yes, I like Dolly and her music. I have my Dish Network DVR set to record "certain Prime Channels", at the considered prime time hours. So as usual, I will watch it time, or maybe even, days delayed.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I am also a huge fan of The Bee Gees.  So sad that that twins died so young.  Smiley Sad    The thought of Barry singing with Dolly is awesome!

Barry was the oldest of all four brothers and he is the only one still here.   

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@KKWA 

Yes, and that it was meant for Porter Waggoner.  It is such a heart wrenching song...who hasn't felt that way?  I think her voice sounds so innocent and pure in this song.  It makes me cry EVERY time!

@proudlyfromNJ 

I would agree that Whitney's version is great...but it has a different feel to me.   The power of her voice is amazing...she's really belting it out.

But, I find Dolly's version speaks to my heart more.

One of my favorite "guilty pleasure" movies is "The Bodyguard."

ITA with you about the song.  Whitney was an AMAZING artist, but when Dolly sings the song it's magical.   I've seen 'Best Little Whorehouse in Texas' numerous times and always love when she does that song in the end.

In a recent interview Dolly mentioned that her favorite, of the songs she's written, is 'Coat of Many Colors'.   I love that, as it's also my favorite.  Granted I cry like a baby every time I hear it and, although I know all the words, I'm hard-pressed to actually be able to sing along.  But it's just the beauty of the message that fills my heart.   One thing for me with that song was the love of her mother.  I never had that and I'm so glad that there are so many people, including her, who have been so lucky to have a mother who loved them so much.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@kittykatkay 

Yes, I like Dolly and her music. I have my Dish Network DVR set to record "certain Prime Channels", at the considered prime time hours. So as usual, I will watch it time, or maybe even, days delayed.

hckynut 

@hckynut ....YAY.  I have a DVR, however, I also have a VCR and DVD recorder and I am going to record this on a blank DVD disk to enjoy more than once.  Hope you and your wife are finding comfort since the loss of your beloved fur baby.  We are all thinking of both of you.