Honored Contributor

I love her singing especially the songs with Kenny Rogers. Her acting was fun too. 

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I love her singing especially the songs with Kenny Rogers. Her acting was fun too. 

@OKPrincess ....love Dolly with Kenny.  Here's "Christmas Without You"....

https://youtu.be/Jm-VyvOLXfA

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Love Dolly, think she is a great individual who has worked hard, remembered where she came from, and deserves a lot of credit.  She is an extremely talented person, great songwriter and singer.

That being said, I can only take her in VERY small doses. 

@Sooner   I agree.  Very talented woman who has not only remembered her humble roots, but is very, very generous with her success.   I remember going to Dollywood when our children were little 30 something years ago.   There was absolutely nothing in Pigeon Forge.  Not even a motel for us to stay overnight.  We had to drive back over the mountain to Cherokee to our motel.  

Things have sure changed. She has made a lot of people, who didn't have two dimes to rub together back then, very wealthy now.

Esteemed Contributor

There was also a Dolly special on PBS last night.  Kind of a Dolly's Greatest Hits Documentary narrated by Pam Tillis.  Dolly's written 100's of great songs, and I like her singing too.  What I especially like about her is her upbeat, fun attitude and the fact that she's so caring of other people.  She gives away so much money!  She feels if you got it, you need to spread it around.

We're looking forward to Dolly's Christmas special tonight!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@kittykatkay 

Not sure I will watch, but I do love Dolly.  Could she be any more down to earth and sweet?  I do hope she is really that way.

Loved her in 9 to 5...that character was just her.  

Seems such a kind, generous, compassionate woman.  We sure can use a lot more of that.

And, for the record, I like her version of "I Will Always Love You" the best.

Valued Contributor

@Witchy Woman @Did you know that she wrote it?

Honored Contributor

I know Dolly wrote 'I will always love you' but to me no one can top Whitney Houston singing it.

Honored Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

@OKPrincess ....love Dolly with Kenny.  Here's "Christmas Without You"....

https://youtu.be/Jm-VyvOLXfA

@kittykatkay  Thanks. They both sound and look great. 🎶🎶

Honored Contributor

While I'm here...............Last night watched, on PBS, Bee Gee's One Night Only concert (amazing).

The news is that Barry Gibb with Dolly Parton and others will soon release a new album.  

Can't wait.  

Sidetracking, as usual:

Anyway, find the Bee Gee's One Night Only concert.  What a voice (Barry Gibb) and the musicians, etc.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  And, yes, love Dolly Parton.

After watching the Bee Gee's concert last night, I'm looking forward to Dolly and Barry Gibb singing together.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).