Respected Contributor

Do you like Dolly Parton?  I love her!!!  

Tomorrow night, Sunday - 6th of December from 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm, EST is  "A Holly Dolly Christmas" special on the CBS channel.  Will you be watching?  I am.  

Here is a preview........  Merry Christmas!!!

https://youtu.be/tgp8SYfiVI4

Honored Contributor

Re: DOLLY PARTON SPECIAL

[ Edited ]

I like Miss Dolly but not sure I'll watch. If that promo was any indication, I'll pass. I've watched several specials this year and someone really needed to advise the acts to select cheerful, upbeat material and skip the dirges. We've got enough of a down beat going and plenty of negative influences at play as it is. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: DOLLY PARTON SPECIAL

[ Edited ]

@stevieb .....I understand what you are saying, but don't judge on this "preview".  Dolly (to me anyway) always has upbeat and wonderful specials/shows.  I know this one will lift our spirits, even if for just a spell.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a country music fan and not thrilled about Dolly's voice but emphatically admire this generous, spunky, talented good business woman. Much respect. Not sure if I'll watch. May record and watch closer to holidays. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@kittykatkay   Thanks for posting, I will definetly watch.  I love Dolly Parton and saw a couple Christmas specials about her childhood a few years back.

She donated $1M to a hospital in honor of a doctor and it ended up helping to find a vaccine for Covid

,https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/18/dolly-parton-moderna-vaccine-abumrad-covid/ 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@kittykatkay   Thanks for posting, I will definetly watch.  I love Dolly Parton and saw a couple Christmas specials about her childhood a few years back.

She donated $1M to a hospital in honor of a doctor and it ended up helping to find a vaccine for Covid

,https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/18/dolly-parton-moderna-vaccine-abumrad-covid/ 

@CAcableGirl2 ....I saw where she donated that money, wonderful heart Dolly has.  So glad you will be watching!!!

Respected Contributor

I will give it a watch too.  I have always liked Dolly!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@4kitties ...YAY

Honored Contributor

@kittykatkay - Thank you for the heads up.  Off to set my DVR right now! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Venezia ....YAY.  That reminds me, I have a VCR/DVD recorder and will record this on a blank DVD disk for future viewing.  Shaking my booty, lol.