Respected Contributor

whether he gives you a valentine gift on valentines day or days before?  I was surprised with a dozen roses, a huge box of chocolates and a very heartfelt valentines card today. I guess I really should not have been surprised because it has happened before. He believes it's best to be early rather than late (retired military man and police officer) I plan on making dinner and dessert for Valentines day because he works late. I love this man so much and he is very very good to me so I just thank him with a big kiss. Anyone else have a guy like that?     

Esteemed Contributor

Heck no.... 

A loving thought and gift is always appreciated

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

whether he gives you a valentine gift on valentines day or days before?  I was surprised with a dozen roses, a huge box of chocolates and a very heartfelt valentines card today. I guess I really should not have been surprised because it has happened before. He believes it's best to be early rather than late (retired military man and police officer) I plan on making dinner and dessert for Valentines day because he works late. I love this man so much and he is very very good to me so I just thank him with a big kiss. Anyone else have a guy like that?     

@Goodie2shoes   I think that is a wonderful idea.  We had a friend who was a deacon in our church many years ago.  He had talked about a youth group he was started (at church the Sunday night before Valentine's Day the following day).  He was so excited about it, he went home (and much to his wife's chagrin), gave his children their valentine's day gifts, played in the floor with them and gave her the jewelry he had bought her.  She complained that he had not waited until the following evening when they had planned to go out to eat.  He said he just could not contain himself.  He was so happy to be with them, play in the floor with them and enjoy the time.

The next day she got a call from his business partner that he had gone to the hospital with indigestion and she was to meet him there.  When she arrived, doctors told her he was DOA from a major heart attack.  He was 36 years old.  So, sometimes even with non-police officers, time is of the most important factor.  Your husband is a jewel in the crown.  Keep him, savor your time with him.  He loves you very much.

Esteemed Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

So, are you trying to make others feel bad? Valentine's Day brings up conflicting feelings for most. Single or otherwise. 

You have got to be kidding

Respected Contributor

hopi, don't you know women like this? No, I'm not kidding.

Respected Contributor

@ahoymatewrote:

So, are you trying to make others feel bad? Valentine's Day brings up conflicting feelings for most. Single or otherwise. 

In no way would I be trying to make others feel bad !!  Sorry you would think that, it's not my personality.  Have a great evening

Honored Contributor

Re: DOES IT MATTER TO YOU

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes   Sounds like you got a KEEPER!❤️❤️❤️ Enjoy your sweet and brave   man and  Enjoy Valentines Day🙂

Respected Contributor

Goodie2Shoes,

I just want my usually curt other half to be kind.

V-day or any day really...he's just not a "smiley" kinda guy.

I can BUY MYSELF gifts.

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Ms. Goodie - HOLD On to this man TIGHT.  You are lucky.  I have coworkers whose husbands/boyfriends don't even acknowledge V Day.  I'm lucky that my husband does, I got my ballons today.  Bad weather is expected here so we already decided if the weather is bad on friday.  WE can eat at home and not go out.  Enjoy the time you have with YOUR MAN, time is short for many of us...so each day is priceless.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

@ahoymate  Having an UGLY day or something?  Gezzzzz👎👎