Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   I too am one of the lucky ones. My DH always surprises me with flowers & gifts.He showers me with love & attention throughout the year.

We've been together for over 40 years. I feel very blessed & never take it for granted.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I had a boss that would always order a dozen roses to be delivered to HIM on February 13th, at the office.  He then took them home that night and his wife had them for Valentines day.  Plus ... he got very good roses ...  none that were past their prime.  Very efficient, if you ask me.  Heart

Valued Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

So, are you trying to make others feel bad? Valentine's Day brings up conflicting feelings for most. Single or otherwise. 

WOW, REALLY???? NOT nice!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954  I'm Sending you love & hugs 🤗. You are a beautiful person & you matter. You have friends here.💐❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I don't know why the poster would ask a question like that but I'd like to think it was for no other reason than to share.  I am glad if you feel loved and cared for and if you don't then I am sorry but hope you can overcome your sadness.  

It is the most important thing to have a person who can express their love through respect, kindness, and compassion towards you.  

I've been married for close to 35 years to someone who shows none of those things.  Six months after we were married he showed his true colors.  It was like night/day.  The only thing consistant about him is he always lets me down. 

Last year I lost my Mom who was emotionally and physically abusive.  She showed me no love or support.  She reminded me on a day-to-day basis that I was worthless.  And up until the age of 18 when I got married and moved out, I heard every day that I was useless and undeserving of love.  I am one of six children and she didn't treat any of them that way.  I kept it to myself all these years.  I was in therapy for a couple years and had depression and PTSD.  The other day my husband made the comment "your mother was right."  So no it wouldn't matter to me if he treated me to something a couple days before Valentine's Day, but to others it might.  

Cherish being with someone who can shower you with love, no matter what day it is.

Wishing ALL of you love.Heart

Dear @rms1954, Your post fills me with sorrow.  I hope and pray that someone with a kind heart will help you discover you are a good and kind person, worthy of love and respect.  No one deserves to be treated with such harsh cruelty.  I hope you will seek out someone - a clergy personal, counselor, etc.- to help you realize this man (and your mother) say these things to feed their cruel hearts and empty soul.  The sweet way you ended your post tells me all I need to know about you - you are a sweet and lovely person who deserves to be loved and cherished.  I will pray for your happiness.  All my best,

Pam

Valued Contributor
Valentines Day is a pure money grabbing holiday to me.

Let a partner do something special for you because they want to and felt like it. Not because the calendar and Hallmark told them too.
Honored Contributor

Lovely!  I was rather early this year.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

My husband and I been married 43 years next month. Been together 45. If I’m reincarnated and come back to another life I sure hope I meet this man again. That would be heaven.

Valued Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I don't know why the poster would ask a question like that but I'd like to think it was for no other reason than to share.  I am glad if you feel loved and cared for and if you don't then I am sorry but hope you can overcome your sadness.  

It is the most important thing to have a person who can express their love through respect, kindness, and compassion towards you.  

I've been married for close to 35 years to someone who shows none of those things.  Six months after we were married he showed his true colors.  It was like night/day.  The only thing consistant about him is he always lets me down. 

Last year I lost my Mom who was emotionally and physically abusive.  She showed me no love or support.  She reminded me on a day-to-day basis that I was worthless.  And up until the age of 18 when I got married and moved out, I heard every day that I was useless and undeserving of love.  I am one of six children and she didn't treat any of them that way.  I kept it to myself all these years.  I was in therapy for a couple years and had depression and PTSD.  The other day my husband made the comment "your mother was right."  So no it wouldn't matter to me if he treated me to something a couple days before Valentine's Day, but to others it might.  

Cherish being with someone who can shower you with love, no matter what day it is.

Wishing ALL of you love.Heart

Oh my, your post made me cry. I am so sorry you were treated so terribly bad by your mom and are treated that way by your husband. Everyone deserve's someone who treat's them with love and respect and make's them feel special. Please don't allow your husband to treat you this way, you deserve so much better. 

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954, your post is both sad and uplifting because of your positive comments and kind wishes. My wish for you is for peace and happiness. Only you know what your situation is, but please know that many of us here are thinking of you. I hope you can somehow find a way for a new life for yourself. It's possible ... just find the way to do it.