Honored Contributor

Hospital Bills and Insurance

Wish me patience, I was in the hospital for 8 days earlier this month, while I was there my insurance changed.

I have my husbands insurance as my primary and Medicare as my secondary, along with the change in insurance, none of the bills I have received are correct. 

For each bill I need to make a call and give the same information, this is going to be a long and painful experience, but it is still better than paying $1000's in insurance co pays

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hospital Bills and Insurance

Oh you poor thing.  I think if I had an IP stay that straddled two payers I would just give up and die.  Would take a lifetime to get it right.  

Honored Contributor

When I was getting close to going from private pay to Medicare I told my husband to wait until after midnight of the last day of private pay before calling an ambulance!

Valued Contributor

Ugh 😩  I feel your pain.  Yeah the co pay savings will be worth the aggravation, hang in there! Years ago, I  had to call insurance daily for my dad's 3 month hospital stay. I had 5 bags of paperwork stored. He had Aetna, Medicare plus a supplemental.  I went a bit nutty.

Hope you're feeling better these days @I am still oxox  

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox I feel bad for you. Good luck sorting it all out.

Respected Contributor

Oh gosh, all I can say is “bless your heart”.

I sincerely wish you the very best for your good health and for patience as you tackle this adjustment.

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox  I agree, it is a great big pain in the caboose. 

Are you being billed with the inpatient hospital charges on the same bill as the physicians' charges? A single billing office statement or SBO? The reason I ask is if they are coming on one statement then you really only need ot make one phone call. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@SunSprite 

No I am not so lucky, the doctors are billed different from the ER visit and other doctors that saw me when i was there.

I had an in house doc, an infectious disease doc and a pumonologist, both from the medical practice that I go to 

@SunSprite wrote:

@I am still oxox  I agree, it is a great big pain in the caboose. 

Are you being billed with the inpatient hospital charges on the same bill as the physicians' charges? A single billing office statement or SBO? The reason I ask is if they are coming on one statement then you really only need ot make one phone call. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Oh shoot, I'm sorry. I was hoping it might help you with an easier fix. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hang in there. Hopefully everything will work out. Don't stress.