Esteemed Contributor

Re: DOES GENDER MATTER WHEN SELECTING .....

@Tinkrbl44  Our dentist of many years retired a few years ago. It's when I was worked on by our new dentist did I realize what a gentle touch our old dentist had.  The new guy feels like a bull in a China shop compared.  Both are men.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

After having had a female doctor for twenty years who has retired, I find that I now prefer one.  Mine was so compassionate and caring.  My new female doctor, a recent grad, not so much.

I've decided it just depends on the individual.

@Kachina624  Agree...have had the same experience.  Although the newer, younger physician is coming into her own--more pleased as time progresses!

My excellent experience with my female internist had me decide on all female physicians and have been quite satisfied over time!

Respected Contributor

After having given birth three times in a teaching hospital, I got over whatever the gender was of the dr pretty quick....had many visits of small groups of interns, residents, etc. coming and going all the time checking out my lady parts...so I don't care about gender. It is more about whether the dr actually makes eye contact and listens to what my concerns are, if any. Dentists are another issue for me, I prefer male dentists. I am terrified of dentists and I find the male dentists seem more matter-of-fact about everything which keeps me calm..mind-over-matter, I suppose.