Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@gertrudecloset She might be too late. If there's a sixty day window, time could be up. 

Ohh my goodness @Mindy D .  Well, the information you provided and the commentary here may help.  She'll have the knowledge for going forward.  You sure gave her all the info required.  I'm rooting for her!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I think you have made this more convoluted than it is. If you aren't getting any satisfaction from.USAA, then I would contact Amazon and have disputed the charge. IMHO, that is the first place I would have called. I would call Amazon today. I find that they are very happy to resolve problems.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DISGUSTED WITH USAA

[ Edited ]

@pdlinda wrote:

@NickNack   THANK YOU!  Yes, if I didn't explain that properly I apologize.  That is exactly my situation. 

Chase Visa that I use for Amazon.  USAA Visa that I NEVER use for Amazon!

That's why I said you should contact Chase @pdlinda .  Could it be possible that your USAA card was inadvertently added to your Amazon payment method?  

Did you check your Amazon account to see which payment methods (card numbers are there)?  You still need to call Chase.  USAA is not going to give you back $$ as they don't know that it was fradulent.  Whoever issues the card that has the fraud on it is who you should be reaching out to with the quickness.

Can you reach anyone today?

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@pdlinda On the USAA website they have a community. There's a post there with a problem similar to yours. He actually did file to report a fraudulent charge but missed the deadline for some other information he was asked to supply. Go to the site and look in The Community. 

@pdlinda In your Amazon profile, where you have your payment accounts listed, does Amazon even have your USAA Chase Visa on file there? 

Think if you have fraud protection from any source? 

@Mindy D  and others, she doesn't have a USAA Chase Visa card.  She has a Chase Visa card that she automatically uses on Amazon.  She also has a USAA credit card that she never uses on Amazon.  Her USAA credit card was the one used for the charge that she didn't make.  That is why she's contacting USAA instead of Chase.

You made everything concise in your reply. It was really confusing to read her information. Good job.

Trusted Contributor

@elated   Thank you for your thoughts!  I think you may be on to something there!  There has never been ONE issue EVER that Amazon hasn't gone out of their way to resolve to keep me (a black belt in Amazon shoppng) HAPPY!

After I finish a chore I have to complete I will take your suggestion and let it "fly" .  However, I will make sure that I get a US based CS agent so all the details of the situation may be explained without any language barriers....AND, if a few tears (choked voice) authentically appear in my rendition of all the aggravation I've been through, so be it!!!  I'll report back.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@pdlinda On the USAA website they have a community. There's a post there with a problem similar to yours. He actually did file to report a fraudulent charge but missed the deadline for some other information he was asked to supply. Go to the site and look in The Community. 

@pdlinda In your Amazon profile, where you have your payment accounts listed, does Amazon even have your USAA Chase Visa on file there? 

@Mindy D  and others, she doesn't have a USAA Chase Visa card.  She has a Chase Visa card that she automatically uses on Amazon.  She also has a USAA credit card that she never uses on Amazon.  Her USAA credit card was the one used for the charge that she didn't make.  That is why she's contacting USAA instead of Chase.

@NickNack Oooooooh!  Makes sense now!  LOL!  I thought that it was a USAA card backed by Chase.....it was a bit confusing.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@NickNack Oooooooh!  Makes sense now!  LOL!  I thought that it was a USAA card backed by Chase.....it was a bit confusing.

@haddon9 I gathered as much.  My first response to her was to call Chase.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

After reading all the issues with USAA on this forum, I am glad I do not belong to the organization.

It does make me wonder:  why all the nightly and daily advertising on TV....are the losing customers and money ?

Then, being downgraded to "D" isn't a good sign either.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

I think you have made this more convoluted than it is. If you aren't getting any satisfaction from.USAA, then I would contact Amazon and have disputed the charge. IMHO, that is the first place I would have called. I would call Amazon today. I find that they are very happy to resolve problems.

@pdlinda I agree with @elated, the first place I would have called is Amazon, after checking my Amazon purchases online for the corresponding date to see if the transaction showed up in my Amazon purchases.  If it's there, you can even start the dispute right there, there are links, and Amazon is very responsive.  Using the chat feature can turn into a phone call is needed.  They call right away.  

In my experience, when I call a credit card company in connection with a disputed charge, the first thing they do is ask "did you contact the vendor" and "what did they say".

I have never had a fraud situation, but I have had vendor disputes that I have called upon a credit card to resolve.  In my experience, American Express provides the best credit card sevices and has resolved each every dispute to my satisfaction.  I think I had an issue with another credit card and they weren't helpful at all.  I have never had to document a credit card dispute.  American Express always sets aside the charge and states I don't have to pay anything until the dispute is resolved, so THEY doument it.  great service.

I also have experienced great customer service from Amazon.  I have had a few duds (very few), and Amazon has always offered some satisfaction, even past the deadline for returns when the merchandise is defective.

Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe   I just called Amazon CS and gent got my info, listened to my story and referred the inquiry to their (Amazon) fraud unit.  He said I should hear back from them in 1-2 business days.  Hopefully, they will provide some info that may move the claim along.