Honored Contributor
Does the CS 800 number on the card connect you with USAA or Chase?
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset She might be too late. If there's a sixty day window, time could be up. 

Trusted Contributor

@bikerbabe   800 # for acct with fraud charge goes to USAA

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D The charge was entered on my USAA acct on 7/30 so I think I still have time.

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda 

Aside from the charge dispute, when you contacted USAA and told them the charge was fraudulent, did they close that account and issue you a new credit card?

I'd be very worried about a credit card company that didn't do that if any of my cards were compromised.  If I couldn't get them to drop that charge, I'd pay off that card and cancel it if they weren't concerned about fraud.

Honored Contributor

Re: DISGUSTED WITH USAA

[ Edited ]

@pdlinda On the USAA website they have a community. There's a post there with a problem similar to yours. He actually did file to report a fraudulent charge but missed the deadline for some other information he was asked to supply. Go to the site and look in The Community. 

@pdlinda In your Amazon profile, where you have your payment accounts listed, does Amazon even have your USAA Chase Visa on file there? 

Think if you have fraud protection from any source? 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@pdlinda On the USAA website they have a community. There's a post there with a problem similar to yours. He actually did file to report a fraudulent charge but missed the deadline for some other information he was asked to supply. Go to the site and look in The Community. 

@pdlinda In your Amazon profile, where you have your payment accounts listed, does Amazon even have your USAA Chase Visa on file there? 

Think if you have fraud protection from any source? 

@Mindy D  and others, she doesn't have a USAA Chase Visa card.  She has a Chase Visa card that she automatically uses on Amazon.  She also has a USAA credit card that she never uses on Amazon.  Her USAA credit card was the one used for the charge that she didn't make.  That is why she's contacting USAA instead of Chase.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@geezerette  YES.  USAA immediately cancelled that acct and sent me a new card the NEXT DAY with FedEx.  

Interestingly (and a point of concern to me regarding the competence of USAA staff "investigating" this claim) I got 2 form letters verifying my "case" and in BOTH the data entry person entered the last 4 of the card in dispute for the NEW CARD, not the card where the fraudulent charge occurred.  That gave me pause.  I mentioned it to one of the many CS people I spoke to but the incorrect data still is used!!

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack   THANK YOU!  Yes, if I didn't explain that properly I apologize.  That is exactly my situation. 

Chase Visa that I use for Amazon.  USAA Visa that I NEVER use for Amazon!

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@geezerette  YES.  USAA immediately cancelled that acct and sent me a new card the NEXT DAY with FedEx.  

Interestingly (and a point of concern to me regarding the competence of USAA staff "investigating" this claim) I got 2 form letters verifying my "case" and in BOTH the data entry person entered the last 4 of the card in dispute for the NEW CARD, not the card where the fraudulent charge occurred.  That gave me pause.  I mentioned it to one of the many CS people I spoke to but the incorrect data still is used!!

@pdlinda 

Good.  At least they managed that!

They are probably using the new card digits because that is now your account number.  This is what happened to me several years ago when I had my account changed because of fraudulent charges.