Esteemed Contributor

today is my granddauther's 19th birthday....she is celebrating at college....first birthday i haven't been with her....where has the time gone.....sometimes being a Nana can be tough!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Granddaughter's Birthday...

Mine just turned 7 and is in 2nd grade.  Just this morning I received via email the fundraiser for supporting her school and helping Gwen win prizes for all items bought.  I need to enjoy all those moments because you are so right it will fly by.  I bought some Chicago Style Popcorn for myself and send a gift card to her class for what they may need the most.  Happy 19th to your dear one, her last year as a teenager!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I’m not confronting that big change just yet, but I can surely understand.  My GS of 13 has “shot up like a weed,” and it’s hard for me to realize he’s taller than me.  The years just fly by, don’t they?

I used to joke with him years back, “Someday Mimi is going to be looking up at you.”

Respected Contributor

@nana59   It is hard to be away from a grandchild's special life event when you are accustomed to being with them.  She will always carry you with her, all the special times that you have spent together.

It is not easy to go through the transition of that relationship at times.  I cared for my first grandchild from the time that he was born and through the years.  He is now 16 and driving and, for the life of me, I do not know where the years went.

He still remembers all the special things that we had together and we are very close.  I treasured every minute with him and all the other grands.

I have to smile, when he comes here he always asks for the special things that I made for him and sits in the same spot he did years ago. Smiley Happy

Happy birthday to your special girl!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@nana59   It is hard to be away from a grandchild's special life event when you are accustomed to being with them.  She will always carry you with her, all the special times that you have spent together.

It is not easy to go through the transition of that relationship at times.  I cared for my first grandchild from the time that he was born and through the years.  He is now 16 and driving and, for the life of me, I do not know where the years went.

He still remembers all the special things that we had together and we are very close.  I treasured every minute with him and all the other grands.

I have to smile, when he comes here he always asks for the special things that I made for him and sits in the same spot he did years ago. Smiley Happy

Happy birthday to your special girl!

same relationship i've had with my granddaughter....i'm teary-eyed......but i have treasured memories....helping to take care of her since she was born was the best job i ever had!

Honored Contributor

Our older GS is in the 9th grade.  The deep voice and the way he loves me to take him Christmas shopping since I can't fit him!  

At Christmas he'll pick up what I wrapped with the big handmade bows and grin at me, lol!!!

He says "YOU buy the BEST gifts!  I'm saving yours until last!!!".  His dad did the very same thing!!!

Esteemed Contributor

The granddaughter who has been in my life from the day she was born, turned 18 in April.  My fourteen year old great-grandson who lives in New Jersey  is now 6 FT tall and says he isn't finished yet. 

I hope your granddaughter had a wonderful Happy Birthday. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam