Honored Contributor

Re: DILBERT'S WISDOM FOR THE AGES

@Nancy Drew,  "Cathy" was good!   I wonder if that strip is still around-- for some reason I haven't seen it in recent years.  But we discontinued our daily paper ages ago, so I wouldn't necessarily know....

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC baiting, attempting to take thread off topic.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@Nancy Drew,  "Cathy" was good!   I wonder if that strip is still around-- for some reason I haven't seen it in recent years.  But we discontinued our daily paper ages ago, so I wouldn't necessarily know....

@Oznell   I forgot about "Cathy". 

I also don't know if that one is still around-we also gave up the daily paper years and years ago.

"Cathy" was another one so many could identify with; did she ever get married???  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

My DH is a retired engineer and relates to Dilbert!  Someone would give him a Dilbert desk calendar every year.

Honored Contributor

I had a boss who would not allow people to put up dilbert comics in their cubes. She said it was unprofessional. She made me take down my tiny "be nice or leave" sign too. It wasn't even pointed where anyone could see it, and I was't in customer service or anything where it would offend anyone.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

These were all pretty funny!   I’ve always enjoyed this kind of humor. 

My husband works in this world and says he relates to a lot of Dilbert. 

Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I had a boss who would not allow people to put up dilbert comics in their cubes. She said it was unprofessional. She made me take down my tiny "be nice or leave" sign too. It wasn't even pointed where anyone could see it, and I was't in customer service or anything where it would offend anyone.

What a meanie she was! 

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, @Cakers3 , maybe @Nancy Drew 1 will tell us!  I do believe, as the strip went along, "Cathy" did acquire a boyfriend-- not sure about her marriage prospects!

Honored Contributor

Ah-- it turns out "Cathy"'s creator, Cathy Guisewhite, ended the strip exactly 10 years ago in August, 2010.  For those who like to know "what happened",  "Cathy" indeed ended up marrying her boyfriend, "Irving",  and they were expecting a child as the comic strip wound up....

Esteemed Contributor

Cathy old comics are on Pintrest. So fun to read them.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.