Trusted Contributor

When Are You Putting Your Outdoor Fall Decorations Out?

Last year we didn't have much of a fall.  So, I'm thinking of pulling my annual flowers and replacing them with mums, changing my garden flag, changing the outfit on my welcome bear, and changing my front door wreath sometime this week or the early part of next week.  What about you?

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Esteemed Contributor

Re: When Are You Putting Your Outdoor Fall Decorations Out?

I was just thinking about this yesterday....  I'm really not in the mood this year.  Usually I'm pulling out annuals and planting mums, putting out my little scarecrow and metal pumpkins, and hanging my big fall wreath on the porch.  

I do more fall decor inside the house usually.  It might brighten my mood or bring me down even more.  Don't know.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

It can stay warm here almost to the end of September, so I leave my Summer decorations up until then. At that point, I'll just change the wreath on the front door and pull out the annuals. In mid-October, I put all the Halloween decorations up, most of which will stay up until December. 

Super Contributor

I start the day after Labor Day.  Leave it up till the day after Thanksgiving.  Because that's what my Mom did.  

Contributor

I usually put my fall decor out mid Sept.  I look forward to decorating my porch with wreath and a fall welcome sign, changing cushions on my rockers initially. I don't change my beautiful big pots (still looking glorious with flowers, coleus and potato vine) until mid Oct. and then add pansies and mums. May add some interior decor. I use Valerie's red truck filled with pumpkin filler and a red truck pillow on fireplace hearth.  I have big stone corner, floor to high ceiling fireplace. I'm excited to make change in a couple of weeks more than ever because COVID!!!

Respected Contributor

It's usually very warm here til October (South Carolina), but I usually put my fall wreath out around the 3rd week of September--that's my only outdoor decoration, I do a bit more inside.

Honored Contributor

Always after Labor Day, that to me is the end of summer season and kick off to fall season.  Must be because the 10 day forecast shows the days after Labor Day as being in the mid to upper 80's.  That is Fall weather around here!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

It's still too hot in PA to think about fall....and it's still summer.

i always plant marigolds in yellow and orange in my flower gardens along with other summer flowers.  When it gets cooler and my summer flowers fade away, my marigolds shine.

I don't have to plant fall flowers...they are already there.  I usually change my door wreath and put a few pumpkins out at the end of Sept when fall truly begins.

Esteemed Contributor

I put my outside decorations up right after Labor Day, but will start my inside decorating this week.   

Super Contributor

I put out my indoor decorations yesterday.  I thought I was going to purge some things, but it turned out I already did and I forgot!

I don't have much in the way of fall outdoor decorations, just a garden flag and I usually change my flag on the first of the month.

I don't do Halloween, just Harvest.