Honored Contributor

@sunshine45wrote:

no culvers in maryland, but i looked at the menu.

it does look good and looks quite similar to DQ.

@sunshine45  We have access to both and Culvers is WAY better than DQ.

Trusted Contributor

Culver's came to our small southeastern AZ town a couple years ago and they seem to be thriving.  

They USED to have some of the BEST fried chicken ever, but apparently they stopped serving it last year...do not know why.  We love to have good fried chicken every now and then, and we have few choices here in our town.  We were totally disappointed when they stopped serving.  

But all their other food is great.  In the fall they offer sweet potato fries...so good!  And their frozen custard is the best!

Honored Contributor

Another Culver's fan here.  Didn't realize they had expanded out to so many parts of the country as I am lucky enough to live where they are all over the place.  I don't think I ever had a bad meal there and all of them that I have been to are well run and clean.  I used to buy their gift cards when they run their pay $20 for $25 special as it was like getting a meal for free.  They are also the only food chain that I have never seen one go out of business. . . Hamburger waving hello animated emoticon

Respected Contributor

@madzonie  I agree - Culver’s did have really good fried chicken at one time and we miss it too.  I sat next to a Culver’s employee on a plane last year and I mentioned it to him and he basically said it was too time consuming and complex for them to maintain. 

Respected Contributor

We just got one in our area and I wasn’t impressed with the butter burgers.  Not as good as In and Out or Smashburgers.  The milkshakes were awesome as were the onion rings, but I wouldn’t go back for the burgers. 

Respected Contributor

My family loves Culvers. Great burgers and a variety of side dishes.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45wrote:

no culvers in maryland, but i looked at the menu.

it does look good and looks quite similar to DQ.

Much as I love DQ - Culvers was way better.

Honored Contributor

I can't say enough about Culver's.  We have one less than a mile from us so I go there often.  Besides liking the food, they are the most polite staff of any fast food restaurant I've been in.  If someone is available, they open the door for you as you approach and say Hi, welcome to Culver's!  

For my birthday, I'm sent a coupon for a free sundae.  On Mother's Day, they have carnations to give out.  If you go in at the right moment, they have someone with a tray of ice cream samples.  And check this out....if they mess up your order, they APOLOGIZE!  And might give you a coupon for a food basket item.  Once, on  their message board, I was singing their praises and mentioned that sometimes the ice cream consistency was too soft for me to make it home without almost melting (in my car, I'm home in less than five minutes).  I'll have you know that the moderator of the board asked me to contact her and she said that the next time I come in, say her name and I'd get that sundae replaced free....a double turtle sundae.  Wow!  Won't happen at McDonald's, lol.

When one of the staff has a birthday, they close a couple of hours early to celebrate on a Sunday evening.  Last year, my area Culver's  won 5th place as the nicest Culver's in the nation.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

Culver's in Iowa was the first job for my young daughter. They hire first time job seekers and train them well. (She was 14.) They work around school schedules.

Their food is delicious, restaurants are immaculate, and staff is very friendly.

When we moved to Idaho five years ago, I missed them (and Panera, too!). But a Culver's just opened up out here in the Boise area, so they are expanding westward. Hooray!

Honored Contributor

@itsmagicwrote:

I like their frozen lemonade in the summer. 

So do I, but I like to add raspberries to the mix.