Honored Contributor

Re: Crummy esperience ordering pizza last night

I don't get the platter thing. Someone is touching it most likely, somewhere. If it's in the box, that would be good enough for me. I'd take the pizza out of the box on the porch, put it on a platter or plates, and just leave the box outside for a day then trash it. 

But I haven't had the nerve to order food during this time, or go through a drive through. I just don't want to eat anything I haven't prepared at home right now. I know they say this isn't spread in food, but......

Honored Contributor

Next time, she should bring it to you on a silver platter.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't worry about any of this in reality because I haven't had delivery pizza in at least 10 or 12 years.  We have a bread machine and a cast iron pizza platter ( 2 actually--one Le Creuset and one Lodge) and we always make pizza.

It is so good and they are so easy.  You can buy crusts at Trader Joes I know and we have done that occasionally.  The pizza is hot, has exactly what you want on it, and you know where it has been!  LOL!!!  

You could even get a frozen pizza and put more stuff on it if you like then bake it. 

Respected Contributor

I still occasionally order pizza as don't like my own cooking and one restaurant here--not a chain--has awesome pizza! I could never make one that good myself. 

O/T---has anyone tried those store-bought pizzas with cauliflower crust?  At first I thought Yuck! --,but was surprised when I tried one. It actually was pretty good

Regular Contributor

This insanity reminds me of all the people I see in their cars driving with a mask on! They are all alone, smh!

Honored Contributor

@ollie5 wrote:

This insanity reminds me of all the people I see in their cars driving with a mask on! They are all alone, smh!

I was on the phone last week with my boss and he said "oh good night the man next to me is driving with a mask and gloves on!! Then added with the windows rolled up.  Very safe driving but I could not help laughing at the thought of the image @ollie5 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Infinite Mom 47 wrote:

I have never heard of a delivery tray .

I have a vision of a delivery person in a hazmat suit holding a delivery tray with a pizza box on it, ringing the doorbell, holding the tray out for the recipient and saying, "Your pizza, madam!"

LOL, @QueenDanceALot !

This thread is hilarious, and reminds me of something we'd do when dealing with a fussy (PITA) customer during Sunday brunches.

One of our waiters was very dashing - a Shakespearean type of guy.

We'd tell him "It's time for the silver tray!"

He'd grab a polished tray, top it with a folded linen napkin, tuck artfully arranged silverware inside the nap, and drape his forearm with yet another folded napkin.

Then he'd swoop over to the table, bow from the waist and offer fresh silverware to the guest.

It worked every time.

Untouched, sterile silverware!

If only they knew how many hands that silverware went through before it got to them.

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird 

Think about this....from looking at their website usually the pizza is delivered by someone employed by Papa Johns using their own vehicle....(only rarely do they use another delivery service)......

So answer me this---Where is the platter and the pizza while the guy/gal is driving to your home....Is the platter or box sitting on the seat of the car where people put their butts????  I'd be more concerned about that than placing a sealed box on a dirty table.  And I wouldnt be too excited about a front porch delivery either where people walk in with dirty soles of their shoes.......

Personally just because they call it a "sanitary platter" I wonder if it is really sanitary anyway....if the delivery person picks up the platter, and you pick up the platter to hand it back to the driver, then does the driver use the SAME platter that both of you have touched for the next delivery??? If the same platter is used for other deliveries how is that even "sanitary"??????  Seems -kinda expensive for the pizza place that each pizza has its own sanitary platter...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I wouldn't worry about any of this in reality because I haven't had delivery pizza in at least 10 or 12 years.  We have a bread machine and a cast iron pizza platter ( 2 actually--one Le Creuset and one Lodge) and we always make pizza.

It is so good and they are so easy.  You can buy crusts at Trader Joes I know and we have done that occasionally.  The pizza is hot, has exactly what you want on it, and you know where it has been!  LOL!!!  

You could even get a frozen pizza and put more stuff on it if you like then bake it. 

True. I read the first installments of this loopy thread while eating leftover Screamin' Sicilian pizza for breakfast. It was good. So is California Kitchen when I'm feeling more adult.

All I want for Christmas is a Sterile Pizza Platter. Reminds me of a food store motto my mother used to quote in a sinister voice: "Untouched by human hands. We make them ourselves."

Heh heh heh.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never liked Papa John's pizza.... Occasionally I do a delivery from Pizza Hut....its good. 

Personally I think the regular delivery method would be just as "safe" as this "sanitary platter" business.... The guy takes it out of a insulated protective container by touching the bottom of the cardboard box, then the person that ordered the pizza, picks it up from the sides of the cardboard box....takes it in....takes the pizza out, puts it on their own platter......and disposes of the cardboard box, washes their hands, eats their pizza....If the driver wears a mask and gloves this sounds better than the "sanitary platter" business!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”