Honored Contributor

Re: Crummy esperience ordering pizza last night

@tansy wrote:

The whole concept of a sterile pizza delivery tray sounds hokey from the get-go to me.  

@tansy 

You don't think he has a sterilizer in his car?

Anyhoo, I got a pizza delivered last week and the guy left it on the little table on my porch which I know wasn't sterilized.  I didn't think anything of it.  It was in a box.  The box was closed.  The pizza was really good!

Honored Contributor

@Infinite Mom 47 wrote:

I have never heard of a delivery tray .

I have a vision of a delivery person in a hazmat suit holding a delivery tray with a pizza box on it, ringing the doorbell, holding the tray out for the recipient and saying, "Your pizza, madam!"

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

Good grief people, there's only so much "sanitizing" you can do!  What more can the pizza restaurants possibly do?  I still get pizza takeout but just use common sense. I don't even wipe down the box--just make sure my hands are washed  really well and often.  

@KKJ  It would seem common sense is on the wane...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

My DH and I are just not delivery of food type of people.  If we want something, we go get it.  I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've had a pizza delivered to my house.  I have never used Doordash, Uber Eats or any of those services.  We just don't do it.

We also never order chain pizza.  We have some very good family owned pizza places and that is where we order from.  None of them deliver.  

When I first heard about Papa John's contactless delivery, it made me laugh because none of it made sense to me.   

My favorite pizza place is a small family owned place and they do deliver.  I love them!

Papa John's has weird cheese.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

My DH and I are just not delivery of food type of people.  If we want something, we go get it.  I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've had a pizza delivered to my house.  I have never used Doordash, Uber Eats or any of those services.  We just don't do it.

We also never order chain pizza.  We have some very good family owned pizza places and that is where we order from.  None of them deliver.  

When I first heard about Papa John's contactless delivery, it made me laugh because none of it made sense to me.   

@Lipstickdiva  None of the chain delivery places offer what I'd consider to be good pizza... I'll order it on occasion, but prefer real pizza...  Smiley Surprised

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining wrote:

Come on folks, we are being setup.  This is the most hysterical thread ever.  Every detail is a laugh.  Thanks for brightening my day.

@Still Raining   I came back to read a couple more pages of posts and have to admit I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.  Magic trays. Pizza on the ground. Not licking the box. ROFL! This thread is very comical when you read pages of it at once.  Thank you everyone!

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I would email or write national office.  They are spending a fortune on ads promoting their upgraded service.  If nothing else I would think you would get a free pizza out of this and perhaps save other customers from disappointment.

And I'd let it go. It's a non-issue.

Honored Contributor

I haven't heard anyone say that you can get COVID-19 from food.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I haven't heard anyone say that you can get COVID-19 from food.

@KittyLouWhoTooThe experts do not believe you can get covid19 via ingestion but they're still learning about this virus.  I doubt it but wouldn't be at all surprised if that is what they find months from now to be true.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I'd rather have him hand me the pizza than leave it on a dirty table or porch. 

clean the table. place a towel, or cloth on it. problem solved