Honored Contributor

Crummy esperience ordering pizza last night

[ Edited ]

We wanted a pizza yesterday so I ordered a "no contact" pizza from Papa Johns.  The way it works is that you order online, the pizza is made and delivered to you on a sanitary platter.  The platter is left at the porch and you pick it up.  You have a delivery web showing how close it comes to you house.  I first did this a month ago and liked it so much, I decided to do it again.  What a disaster!  The last one so perfect.  Not this one.  It was very late (pizza had already start to cool) the delivery guy came up to the house, saw me and left the pizza without any sanitary bottom on my porch table. I had to wipe down the pizza (hard to do) before I brought it in the house.  I called back Papa Johns and a bored person brushed it off.

Honored Contributor

Re: Crummy esperience ordering pizza last night

Wasn't the pizza in a box?  I can't imagine them leaving the pizza unboxed on the porch.  I can see why you're upset.

Honored Contributor

I wondered how this worked with Papa John.  I don't quite understand what you mean about no sanitary bottom -- would you mind explaining?  I am sorry you have a lousy pizza and bad experience.  Ordering food is not cheap and I sure hate to pay good money for terrible food and service! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Wasn't the pizza in a box?  I can't imagine them leaving the pizza unboxed on the porch.  I can see why you're upset.

It was in a box, but the box was not on a sanitary platter.  It was on the porch table where my delivered food in bags were put. It was not clean!  This table sits on the porch and is open.  area.  The table is filthy.  I go for long periods of time before I wipe it down.  It is outside all the time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 @ValuSkr  The delivery guy has a sanitary (very clean) platter orcontainer.  You pick up your boxed pizza that sits on it.  The delivery picks up the clean platter and take it away.

Honored Contributor

@songbird 

Oh, I see!  Well, he wasn't doing his job correctly and its a shame that the manager type person did not seem to care when you spoke to him about it.  I guess I would not order from them again.  And considering that businesses are obviously hurting for business, you'd think they'd make more of an effort! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   All the pizza places do this now.  You order via credit card (includes the tip) They deliver on a special clean plate or platter.  You pick up the pizza at the door.  Delivery guy stays away from you.

Honored Contributor

Well, i think he thought putting on a table would be best, not his fault it was not clean.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@songbird   How is it no contact if the delivery person has to wait and waste their time  until  the customer takes it off the plater?  No contact is no face to face with the delivery person.  Where I am you just tell them where to leave the pizza/food and that is what they do.  I just have delivery put on back porch.  It's in a box so the pizza is not touched no matter where it is put.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 @ValuSkr  The delivery guy has a sanitary (very clean) platter orcontainer.  You pick up your boxed pizza that sits on it.  The delivery picks up the clean platter and take it away.

So the delivery person is to stand there, wait for you to come out and get the pizza they then retrieve the tray.  Then he uses the same platter to deliver the next pizza..... think I will just keep going to the pick up window.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.