Honored Contributor

Re: Crummy esperience ordering pizza last night

@songbird   As long as the box was sealed your food would be fine.

Open the box and take out the pizza; put it on your own platter and warm it in your oven.

I get your frustration and I'm not surprised your call was brushed off.

It was an inconvenience for sure; but clean your table, too, for any future deliveries-be it pizza or anything else.

Some pizza outfits put a seal on the box; I hope yours had one.  I'd be more concerned that the box could be opened on its way to delivery than where it was left.

Hope you were able to enjoy your pizza regardless. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@songbird   As long as the box was sealed your food would be fine.

Open the box and take out the pizza; put it on your own platter and warm it in your oven.

I get your frustration and I'm not surprised your call was brushed off.

It was an inconvenience for sure; but clean your table, too, for any future deliveries-be it pizza or anything else.

Some pizza outfits put a seal on the box; I hope yours had one.  I'd be more concerned that the box could be opened on its way to delivery than where it was left.

Hope you were able to enjoy your pizza regardless. 

Pizza had to warmed up.  It was barely warm by the time the guy showed up.  I won't order from them anymore.  The pizza was good after I reheated it.  Im clumsy picking up pizza (whole) in my hand.  I lke the idea of the no contact delivery.  The drive stands 6 fee away from you until you pick up the box on it's clean platter.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy You said what I was thinking!     This is nuts - just when I think I've heard it all.  Delivery suppose to wait for customer to remove pizza box so he can then pick up another piece of cardboard..........now you're face to face - defeating the whole purpose.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@CrazyDaisy You said what I was thinking!     This is nuts - just when I think I've heard it all.  Delivery suppose to wait for customer to remove pizza box so he can then pick up another piece of cardboard..........now you're face to face - defeating the whole purpose.  LOL

He would have had to pick up the pizza box to put it on the tray.  The home owner should give directions as to where the driver should put the box and leave it at that.  If the table is dirty, that is not the driver responsibility.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

It's like the drive-thru I experienced yesterday--my first time ordering 'out' since this started.

The employee was wearing mask and gloves and held out a metal box for me to place my payment in.  I did, then she took it out, placed my change inside and gave it back to me.  I reached in to get change.  She did not sanitize anything between customers.

So what's the difference in reaching into a germ-filled box and touching the other person's hand?  

Honored Contributor

@songbird : We ordered last week on line with several special deals and great service. We normally provide a good tip but increased the amount due to current issues. Followed delivery on iPad and have a video door bell. Guy put box on our outside table( cleaned often), DH  immediately picked up box. Box had a seal on it. Pizza was hot and delicious. Pizza actually better than previous order but probably because we had not ordered in awhile. We take precautions but trying to support local places. Southern Bee

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

It's like the drive-thru I experienced yesterday--my first time ordering 'out' since this started.

The employee was wearing mask and gloves and held out a metal box for me to place my payment in.  I did, then she took it out, placed my change inside and gave it back to me.  I reached in to get change.  She did not sanitize anything between customers.

So what's the difference in reaching into a germ-filled box and touching the other person's hand?  

Yea, I don't get that either.  Taco Bell uses a plastic cup.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy @SouthernBee @geezerette @fthunt @Cakers3 The driver wears a mask and gloves.  He stays 6 feet away from you.  All you have to do is pick up the pizza from the floor (if no table) of the porch.  He takes his sterile plate or whatever it's called and leaves.  When you ordered the pizza online it included the tip.  You have no contact with the guy.  He takes his plate and leaves after you pick up the pizza.   Most of the time it is delivered on the floor of your porch or door.  Pizza box is sealed.  I was concerned over the contact of the bottom of the pizza box.  Virus can sit on the suface of anyting for days.

Honored Contributor

A pizza comes in a box.  The box is protecting the pizza.  Open box, wash hands, remove pizza from box, eat pizza.  Live long and prosper.  Problems solved.

Honored Contributor

I'd rather have him hand me the pizza than leave it on a dirty table or porch.