Honored Contributor

Hmmm.  I thought that was what dogs were for.

Dog!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Here in Wisconsin there are an abundance of cows.  I have never seen or heard mention of the cows being "cuddled".  They do appear to be docile creatures.  And the calves that come along in the spring are rather cute, and very vocal.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in cow country, they are dumber than a box of hair.  Although it was entertaining when one ate apples that fermented and it actually got drunk. Hand to God, it's a thing.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

they don't get treated so hot in Tx. I told a farmer close to me he had a cow dying and one with a broken leg. He told me off. I called the law and they said if it's on their own land then nothing could be done.

ASPCA would have a field day in Tx. they get no shelter from extreme weather. they just figure if they lose a few here and there always be another cow birthing.

Wasn't like that up in Ind.

Yes, he should be in jail!  Not much like that here either, and there are cattle for miles just west of us.  In general, I think people take good care of them.  

One old man across the road from our cows my dad thought he didn't feed them as much as he should have.  But they weren't really starving or neglected.  My mom always said dad had to farm to keep the cattle in the lap of luxury!  LOL!!

Valued Contributor

OH! Lord whats next, Cow Yoga Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

LOL ... cows getting a lot of disrespect today.

Trusted Contributor

@CherryHugs  We have Hereford cows, and trust me when I say this, they don't respect your space, I'm not saying they are mean, they just aren't soft and cuddly.

Respected Contributor

No because one day it will tell me it wants to “moo” ve on and I will get my feelings hurt. 🐄🤣

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

they don't get treated so hot in Tx. I told a farmer close to me he had a cow dying and one with a broken leg. He told me off. I called the law and they said if it's on their own land then nothing could be done.

ASPCA would have a field day in Tx. they get no shelter from extreme weather. they just figure if they lose a few here and there always be another cow birthing.

Wasn't like that up in Ind.

Yes, he should be in jail!  Not much like that here either, and there are cattle for miles just west of us.  In general, I think people take good care of them.  

One old man across the road from our cows my dad thought he didn't feed them as much as he should have.  But they weren't really starving or neglected.  My mom always said dad had to farm to keep the cattle in the lap of luxury!  LOL!!

Thing I don't understand about the farmers reasoning is if your making money off of cattle or whatever your raising wouldn't it behoove you to make sure their in good shape and prosper?

What good is a dead animal or one that is crippled?

Guess they're just considered dispensable.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkEAll our animals at our farm are well taken care of, I just can't imagine why anyone would own any animal just to neglect it.  I get so angry when I see abuse of any beautiful creature.   Man is the most abusive animal of all.