Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Thankfully, daughter dating pharmacist and he was able to direct us to a testing site. Hubs was scheduled for routine colonoscopy this week and had to do pre-testing for COVID19. Learned yesterday he tested positive but with zero symptoms. Tracing required family to receive testing -- good -- but with little direction as to where to go, etc. Just told us to call doctor. Pharmacist directed us to urgent care facility. If we made appointment online then we received the rapid response test (2 hours). Walk ins without appointment must wait up to 4 days to get results. (?) We family members tested today - thankfully all negative.

Hubs is at his parents' vacated home for 14 days, five miles from our home. They recently moved to active care center and haven't sold home yet. Lucky us. 

Again, hubs has no symptoms. No idea where he picked up the virus. In crowded public and indoor stores he wears mask and sometimes gloves. His most frequent destinations have been hardware store for home projects. Also -- he remembered pumping gas a week ago without gloves on. It's a mystery.

Thankful he is not showing symptoms. Please send good vibes / prayers his way. He's mid 60s, Type 2 Diabetes and had heart surgery a couple of years ago. Other than that -- he's ideal weight, physically active, strong with good immune system. Positive attitude. Thank you     

@jeanlake, you have just received all my good vibes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake 

I'm sending good vibes for a speedy "negative" test with no symptom development.

Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe  When and how often are medical personnel tested for the virus?  Exposed so much (especially hospital setting). 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  Just curious what value you place on it. You could pass the cost on to your clients. 

"Pre-symptomatic people are those who do show symptoms but are considered to be highly contagious a few to several days prior to showing symptoms."

I get from that ^ statement that once you have symptoms, the people you've been around have a better chance of having been infected. But isn't that always the case?  Isn't that what contact tracing is about?  

So...wasn't everyone who spread it either asymptomatic or presymptomatic at some point?

@esmerelda, she gets free testing.

@suzyQ3  WADR, read the entire exchange and try to keep up. 

@esmerelda 

@suzyQ3  is keeping up just fine.

I get free testing.  There is no cost to pass along to my clients.

Whew, @QueenDanceALot, I was worried there for a second that I wasn't keeping up. Smiley Wink

@suzyQ3 You definitely were not. 🤣 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake 

Best wishes to you and your family.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor
@esmerelda

Healthcare workers involved with direct patient care of Covid or suspected Covid patients get tested weekly. There’s no set schedule for everyone else - basically available at any time on request or if symptomatic or if you are notified by a contact tracer. We’ve had multiple outbreaks in the hospital since March. There are always people who are out with Covid. I think most nurses, respiratory therapists, etc. have resigned themselves to the knowledge that at some point we’re all going to get it. The constant exposure and viral load is just too high, especially combined with doing procedures the aerosolize the virus such as intubation and respiratory treatments. Three hospital employees have died.

Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe  I appreciate your detailed reply. Stay safe!

Keepin' it real.