Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  If she was she would know that I asked how much you would pay if it wasn't free and you told me.  So I knew it was free before her comment and your repeat of it.  

@esmerelda 

I didn't tell you how much I would pay.  I asked you why you cared how much I'd be willing to pay.

Can we move on?

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I watched a PBS docu on the virus last night, and noticed that the Chinese were testing by swabbing the mouth, but others test by shoving the stick way up high in the nostril.  Maybe everyone does it this way now, painful this way.

@mousiegirl 

Nasal swabs are done where I live.  It's just rather uncomfortable, it's not painful.

@QueenDanceALot    DH said it was painful, and so have others, guess it depends on who is doing the testing.

@mousiegirl& @QueenDanceALot, my understanding is the nasal swipe, uncomfortable as it might be, is much more accurate because the mouth swipe can miss what might be way up there.

@suzyQ3 @mousiegirl 

I read that this is why there is a high percentage of false negatives as well (researchers are saying 20%).  That the virus is high up there and the swabs in the nose sometimes don't get high enough to get where the virus is, even those that feel like they've gone as high as they can go.

This isn't a perfect system.  But none of it is. 

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  If she was she would know that I asked how much you would pay if it wasn't free and you told me.  So I knew it was free before her comment and your repeat of it.  

I knew exactly what you were doing in that exchange, @esmerelda. Don't sell me short. @QueenDanceALot told you at least once that she gets free testing. That seemed to get to you for some reason. And so you prolonged that tangent with your hypothetical question that was simply more poking at her. That's the only reason that makes sense to me for you to harp on such an unimportant detail.

She gets testing free. She has no need to ponder anything else.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  You said it was free. I asked how much you would pay if it wasn't free.  You had already told me it was free. 

Why did I care?  I said "just curious."

I'm already gone. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  You said it was free. I asked how much you would pay if it wasn't free.  You had already told me it was free. 

Why did I care?  I said "just curious."

I'm already gone. 

TTFN!

Honored Contributor

N.J. gov Murphy said today or yesterday that if you are asymptomatic, NO TEST for you!  You still need a doctor's rx.

HOWEVER, in "certain cities" which have large minority, immigrants (legal & illegal) communities you can get tested FREE-no rx needed.  Churches have set up testing sites & also give out freebies-wipes, sanitizers, gloves & masks. 

The ONLY thing I don't like about it, is they ALL do the 10 foot Q-Tip up your nostril to your brain type test. icon_exclaim.gif

The sites where you need a rx, their tests are the mouth swabs or the spit in the tube which CVS & Walgreens are doing.  These are all in the burbs. rolleyes.gif

"Different Strokes For Different Folks"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

N.J. gov Murphy said today or yesterday that if you are asymptomatic, NO TEST for you!  You still need a doctor's rx.

HOWEVER, in "certain cities" which have large minority, immigrants (legal & illegal) communities you can get tested FREE-no rx needed.  Churches have set up testing sites & also give out freebies-wipes, sanitizers, gloves & masks. 

The ONLY thing I don't like about it, is they ALL do the 10 foot Q-Tip up your nostril to your brain type test. icon_exclaim.gif

The sites where you need a rx, their tests are the mouth swabs or the spit in the tube which CVS & Walgreens are doing.  These are all in the burbs. rolleyes.gif

"Different Strokes For Different Folks"

@Mz iMac, the nasal test is much more accurate.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

We live in a smaller town.  We have a big test center set up at a local high school.  No questions asked, you do not have to have symptoms.  Then there is another place I am not to familiar with. Out town did have a few cases at the very beginning.  End of Feb and first week in March

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  Me personally, I rather take an unrealiable painless test many times, than take a painful toe curling realiable test once.

You can bet your bottem $ that those in the WH taking "daily" tests are doing the swabs & spit tests.  If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Thankfully, daughter dating pharmacist and he was able to direct us to a testing site. Hubs was scheduled for routine colonoscopy this week and had to do pre-testing for COVID19. Learned yesterday he tested positive but with zero symptoms. Tracing required family to receive testing -- good -- but with little direction as to where to go, etc. Just told us to call doctor. Pharmacist directed us to urgent care facility. If we made appointment online then we received the rapid response test (2 hours). Walk ins without appointment must wait up to 4 days to get results. (?) We family members tested today - thankfully all negative.

Hubs is at his parents' vacated home for 14 days, five miles from our home. They recently moved to active care center and haven't sold home yet. Lucky us. 

Again, hubs has no symptoms. No idea where he picked up the virus. In crowded public and indoor stores he wears mask and sometimes gloves. His most frequent destinations have been hardware store for home projects. Also -- he remembered pumping gas a week ago without gloves on. It's a mystery.

Thankful he is not showing symptoms. Please send good vibes / prayers his way. He's mid 60s, Type 2 Diabetes and had heart surgery a couple of years ago. Other than that -- he's ideal weight, physically active, strong with good immune system. Positive attitude. Thank you     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau