Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,488
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

@esmerelda wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  Just curious what value you place on it. You could pass the cost on to your clients. 

"Pre-symptomatic people are those who do show symptoms but are considered to be highly contagious a few to several days prior to showing symptoms."

 

I get from that ^ statement that once you have symptoms, the people you've been around have a better chance of having been infected. But isn't that always the case?  Isn't that what contact tracing is about?  

So...wasn't everyone who spread it either asymptomatic or presymptomatic at some point?


@esmerelda, she gets free testing.


@suzyQ3  WADR, read the entire exchange and try to keep up. 


@esmerelda 

 

@suzyQ3  is keeping up just fine.

 

I get free testing.  There is no cost to pass along to my clients.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,488
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  Isn't everyone presymptomatic if they don't have symptoms?

 


@esmerelda 

 

People who are carrying the virus and never show symptoms are asymptomatic.

 

Pre-symptomatic people are those who do show symptoms but are considered to be highly contagious a few to several days prior to showing symptoms.

 

You can look this up.  Unless you're trying to play "gotcha" with me.  And I won't be playing.

 

 


@QueenDanceALot, you are doing the right thing, whether you were to pay for testing or fortunately get it done at no cost. :-)

 

Just a question: Are you sure of that definition of "pre-symptomatic"?


Maybe my wording is not clear on pre-symptomatic.  My understanding is that if you are pre-symptomatic that you have contracted the virus and will be highly contagious a few to several days (I believe the number I read was 2-5, but I don't know if that is concrete) prior to showing symptoms.

 

Is that more clear? 


@QueenDanceALot, I think that is more clear. In other words, pre-symptomatic means that you are incubating the virus -- likely no symptoms at all but still just as contagious.


@suzyQ3 

 

Only asymptomatic people will have no symptoms at all.  These are the people who the researchers now think do not spread the virus as readily as pre-symptomatic who DO show symptoms, but yes, are incubating the virus and before the symptoms occur (2-5 days, approx.) is when they are highly contagious. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,859
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I watched a PBS docu on the virus last night, and noticed that the Chinese were testing by swabbing the mouth, but others test by shoving the stick way up high in the nostril.  Maybe everyone does it this way now, painful this way.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,733
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  Just curious what value you place on it. You could pass the cost on to your clients. 

"Pre-symptomatic people are those who do show symptoms but are considered to be highly contagious a few to several days prior to showing symptoms."

 

I get from that ^ statement that once you have symptoms, the people you've been around have a better chance of having been infected. But isn't that always the case?  Isn't that what contact tracing is about?  

So...wasn't everyone who spread it either asymptomatic or presymptomatic at some point?


@esmerelda, she gets free testing.


@suzyQ3  WADR, read the entire exchange and try to keep up. 


@esmerelda 

 

@suzyQ3  is keeping up just fine.

 

I get free testing.  There is no cost to pass along to my clients.


Whew, @QueenDanceALot, I was worried there for a second that I wasn't keeping up. Smiley Wink


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,488
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

@mousiegirl wrote:

I watched a PBS docu on the virus last night, and noticed that the Chinese were testing by swabbing the mouth, but others test by shoving the stick way up high in the nostril.  Maybe everyone does it this way now, painful this way.


@mousiegirl 

 

Nasal swabs are done where I live.  It's just rather uncomfortable, it's not painful.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,859
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I watched a PBS docu on the virus last night, and noticed that the Chinese were testing by swabbing the mouth, but others test by shoving the stick way up high in the nostril.  Maybe everyone does it this way now, painful this way.


@mousiegirl 

 

Nasal swabs are done where I live.  It's just rather uncomfortable, it's not painful.


 

@QueenDanceALot    DH said it was painful, and so have others, guess it depends on who is doing the testing.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,296
Registered: ‎09-18-2010

My town is not large, around 30,000 and there is one testing site that everyone is suppose to go to if they think they may have covid. The other clinics are screening people if you call to make an apt. If they think you may have covid, you go to the testing site. 

I am not sure this small testing site will be enough if we get a big spike in this state. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,527
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@QueenDanceALot  If she was she would know that I asked how much you would pay if it wasn't free and you told me.  So I knew it was free before her comment and your repeat of it.  

 

*********************
Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,488
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

@mousiegirl wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I watched a PBS docu on the virus last night, and noticed that the Chinese were testing by swabbing the mouth, but others test by shoving the stick way up high in the nostril.  Maybe everyone does it this way now, painful this way.


@mousiegirl 

 

Nasal swabs are done where I live.  It's just rather uncomfortable, it's not painful.


 

@QueenDanceALot    DH said it was painful, and so have others, guess it depends on who is doing the testing.


@mousiegirl 

 

Maybe.  Or maybe because I had sinus surgery several years ago I was just used to people shoving objects into my nose all the way up to my eyeballs.

 

Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,733
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@mousiegirl wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I watched a PBS docu on the virus last night, and noticed that the Chinese were testing by swabbing the mouth, but others test by shoving the stick way up high in the nostril.  Maybe everyone does it this way now, painful this way.


@mousiegirl 

 

Nasal swabs are done where I live.  It's just rather uncomfortable, it's not painful.


 

@QueenDanceALot    DH said it was painful, and so have others, guess it depends on who is doing the testing.


@mousiegirl& @QueenDanceALot, my understanding is the nasal swipe, uncomfortable as it might be, is much more accurate because the mouth swipe can miss what might be way up there.

 

 


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland