Honored Contributor

Re: Covid-19 update from CNN

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

Masks and distance!!!!  Wish we saw that everywhere.

While I do wish we saw that everywhere, distance is impossible when you're having your hair done.

@QueenDanceALot, the combination of lack of distancing and time in such proximity (root cover and trim) is what keeps me from going to my stylist for now.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

While it is wonderful news that two Covid-19 infected hairstylists did not infect any of their 140 clients during a period of infectivity, my question is why would these two hairstylists work while symptomatic?  That kind of thoughtless and reckless behavior, mask or no mask, is unacceptable.  

A+ for the masks.

F- for the hairstylists.

@Jersey Born @I felt the way you do when I first learned of this story but a lady on the forum, that lives where the story took place, posted that the hairdressers  went to urgent care and were told the symptoms they had were seasonal allergies and they could return to work. 

Honored Contributor

I am sure the stylists went back to work because they desperately needed to get their business going again. You don't run a high fever with season allergies; I am not sure I buy the idea that they went to urgent care prior to going to work. Am thankful none of their clients got sick. I still need to get back to my stylist but she did contract COVID so I am looking for a new one.
Regular Contributor

thats great news about mask wearing, now only if everyone would wear one.

Esteemed Contributor

@giova wrote:

thats great news about mask wearing, now only if everyone would wear one.

Midnight tonight, they will be mandatory again in our County. We’ve had a high number of cases daily.

I think opening up would’ve been great if they would’ve made the mask wearing mandatory instead of optional.  Hoping numbers go down soon.

Respected Contributor

It's just a minute sacrifice to ask of all of us to wear a mask and social distance that I cannot understand why some people prefer defiance of the task.  

Yes, masks are uncomfortable, especially in summer, but it's such a small price to pay to keep that satanic virus from jumping from person to person.  It's not like we're being asked to pick up arms and go to war.

I've seen parents in the supermarket with their very young children wearing masks and the tots don't seem to have a problem wearing them.  We should learn from them.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Twoaces wrote:

That really is great news!  As so many others have said, Masks, and Social Distamce.  Every percentage of safety that you can create makes such a difference!  We can get out and about to some degree if each one of us does our part.  I volunteer at the San DiegoZoo Safari Park which has just reopened with restrictions.  Among the requirements is that every person over the age of two MUST wear a face covering.  Well, many families came yesterday, and every single person, including the cutest kids you ever saw, were dawning their masks.  

It is such a small thing to do that helps all of us.

(by the way, I’m sure glad I never bothered having a face lift...nobody can see me now anyway!)

I keep telling my husband that my mask is the most attractive piece of apparel I've ever worn. He doesn't know whether to a say "Yes Dear", or "No Dear".

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I am sure the stylists went back to work because they desperately needed to get their business going again. You don't run a high fever with season allergies; I am not sure I buy the idea that they went to urgent care prior to going to work. Am thankful none of their clients got sick. I still need to get back to my stylist but she did contract COVID so I am looking for a new one.

I THINK the term is "elevated" temperature and not necessarily "high fever".

So consider, my "normal" temperature never ever breaks more than 97.6. If my reading is 99.0 which group will I be in?

Respected Contributor

The salon where I go takes everyone's temperature before you are allowed to step from the front door. If over 99 you can't come in. The stylists all have their temp. taken at the beginning of their shifts. Had my roots and highlights done this past Sunday for the first time in 3 months. I was nervous. I wore 2 masks and the stylist was masked. When he shampooed the color out he had me place a towel over my face in addition to the masks.  

Those stylists who came in while symptomatic were grossly negligent. They could have caused others to be infected who in turn would infect others and on and on. No excuse for what they did.

Valued Contributor

@violann wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

I THINK the term is "elevated" temperature and not necessarily "high fever".

So consider, my "normal" temperature never ever breaks more than 97.6. If my reading is 99.0 which group will I be in?

@violannYou would be in the  "low grade fever" group, so the term in @lovesrecess  post is correct.