Esteemed Contributor

LIFES SIMPLE PLEASURES CONTINUED

13.   Not what we have, but what we enjoy constitutes our abundance.

14.   Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.

15.   A seed in the heart of an apple is an orchard invisible.

16.   It all just seemed so good the way we had it.  Before everything became automatic.

17.   I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.

18.   That is one good thing about this world...there are always sure to be more springs.

19.   Some old fashioned things like fresh air and sunshine are hard to beat.

20.   Simplicity is the essence of sophistication.

21.   The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

22.   Summer afternoon - summer afternoon; to me those words have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.

I am not old

I am a classic

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Re: LIFES SIMPLE PLEASURES CONTINUED

@Lindsays Grandma  I kept signing in hoping to see a few quotes, and these are so sweet. If we just close our eyes, and pause, happiness fills our hearts after reading #20  That is my FAVORITE, and I wholeheartedly agree!

I'ts the simple things in life that we treasure the most.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Meaningful and food for thought, thanks for posting!

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  I kept signing in hoping to see a few quotes, and these are so sweet. If we just close our eyes, and pause, happiness fills our hearts after reading #20  That is my FAVORITE, and I wholeheartedly agree!

I'ts the simple things in life that we treasure the most.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles ...#20 has been a favorite of mine for many years, mostly having to do with the way people dressed.  There have been and still are, some folks who over do where,"simplicity is the essence of sophistication" applied.  Of course it also applies to the way some people live.  Somehow I always felt that simplicity fit in with good taste.  But that's me.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I also LOVE...LOVE #21, but forgot to add it.🤪

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful wisdom ☕️❤️