Respected Contributor

Just came from Costco! Plenty of everything. Everything stocked.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Yep, TP is much smaller now at Costco's.  What a shame. But, I expect much more reductions coming our way. Just crazy. I feel for the folks that will be so crunched in trying to feed their famililes. 

Trusted Contributor

I was at Costco 1 pm on Thursday, South Florida.

No toilet paper.  Just a few packages of paper towels were left as well.

Trusted Contributor

The paper feels different also. I have to ruin several sheets to get the roll open. It shreds easily. Quality going down, but a plumber who was here last week said if they didn't sell Charmin, he wouldn't have a job. Says it's terrible for the pipes due to how thick it is...he recommends Kirkland because it's thin and dissolves quickly. 

Honored Contributor

My husband was at Costco yesterday & they had our beloved Charmin.  They are limiting it to one package, but it's just the 2 of us so that's fine.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

You know we are all going COVID-crazy when we hold a lively discussion about TP.  Anyway, we have a septic here at the house and have to use Scott's TP rather than Charmin.  I bought a large package of Kirkland TP last year but haven't opened it for fear it may be Charmin-like.  Can anyone tell me if it's Charmin-like or Scott's-like?

Honored Contributor

Sam's Club has done it too. And the sad part about all this shrinkflation is that the sizes of packages of everything that has or will shrink, will never be restored to the larger size/quantity again.

So when people think I'm hoarding, no, it's just that the stuff is much smaller/less than before, so I have to buy more just to get the original amount!! LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Costco and TP

[ Edited ]

@Linda0215 wrote:

You know we are all going COVID-crazy when we hold a lively discussion about TP.  Anyway, we have a septic here at the house and have to use Scott's TP rather than Charmin.  I bought a large package of Kirkland TP last year but haven't opened it for fear it may be Charmin-like.  Can anyone tell me if it's Charmin-like or Scott's-like?

@Linda0215 

charmin like. But if you bought it last year you have the old version which isn't as fluffy

as the new Kirkland stuff 

Like I said, we've used Kirkland for many years and would not if it was a Scott's knock off. Dislike Scott's

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the reminder - my supply is running low, relatively speaking.

Scott 1000 Bath Tissue did a similar trick a few years ago, changing its rolls from 4.5 inches wide to 4.0.  An 11% reduction!

Honored Contributor

@Linda0215 wrote:

@Linda0215   We have used Kirkland's for years, and we are on septic, no problems.