Trusted Contributor

I managed to score some TP at Costco today and kinda thought it looked smaller than before.  We had an old bundle in the basement and the old one was 425 sheets per roll compared to the 380 on the new bundle.  Same price of course! I must be getting old, I'm now comparing sheets on toilet paper.  This is what last year has done to me!

Esteemed Contributor

I noticed that a while ago.  Somehow the rolls looked different so I started comparing.  Isn't it awful?  They think we don't notice this stuff? 

Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

I managed to score some TP at Costco today and kinda thought it looked smaller than before.  We had an old bundle in the basement and the old one was 425 sheets per roll compared to the 380 on the new bundle.  Same price of course! I must be getting old, I'm now comparing sheets on toilet paper.  This is what last year has done to me!

@Phantom41  The dwindling quantities of things at the same price has been happening for years not just during the pandemic. I remember when Dannon yogurt cups went from being 8 oz gradually whittling down to 5.  Cereal ounces have been decreasing for years for the same price. Lots of other things too.

Honored Contributor

I was there a few days ago and they were out of their Kirkland brand of both toilet paper and paper towels. 

I ended up buying some Bounty & Charmin from the grocery store.

Valued Contributor

Yes I saw that too on the Costco tp .  Lots of stuff that came in pacs of 6 , now have only 5 .  Speaking of the tp rolls , they used to cover the whole tp holder , now they shrunk so much they barely cover half way . Pretty soon we will be able to put 2 rolls on side by side , if we have an older longer holder !! Ha ! 

Honored Contributor

Ive noticed the past few years the width of the rolls has decreased.  Pretty soon we'll be trying to get the job done with a piece 2"wide (or less). 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

We've used only Costco brand TP for years with a capital S.  They've recently revamped from 450 sheets to a more fluffy thick 380 sheets per the write up in the Costco magazine.  

I remember when they were 36 rolls in a pack (6 packs of 6 rolls)  for $15. Now it's 30 rolls (5 packs of 6 rolls)  for $17 and less sheets. 

Clearly I'm more invested in their TP than I should be 

Honored Contributor

I swear, I've become like a cat.  I immediately know something is different if there has been a change.  When something changes size, I halt what I'm doing instantly, check out the dimensions against a previous purchase (if available) and realize that I've been driven crazy by the pandemic.

Trusted Contributor

A large family sized bag of potato chips is only half full of chips!  A box of cereal is half full, and I opened something last week (cannot recall what it was) but it was waaaay less than half full!  But that sort of thing has been going on for quite awhile now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Costco and TP

[ Edited ]

The last two times I was a Costco there was no toilet paper.  I have an appt for a flu shot there on Monday.  I will be sure to check for Charmin in stock!